1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TRD Skid Plate

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by WaGood24, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Nov 15, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    WaGood24

WaGood24 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Dayton, OH
    Vehicle:
    2010 Double Cab PreRunner TRD Sport
    Extang Full Tilt tonneau, VX Series Exhaust, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Stainless Nerf Bars, Bilstein 5100s all 4 corners, rear-leaf TSB
    Hey guys. I found a "like new" TRD skid plate on craigslist for $50 and I'm thinking about getting it. I don't do any off-roading so it'd just be for looks. But I'm trying to decide whether I want to get a bull-bar since they come with a "skid plate" or skip out on the bull bar and just get this skid plate. I've even seen some people get really creative with paint and decals on their skid plate. Any and all opinions would be welcome. Thanks.

2. Nov 15, 2010 at 11:03 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    Go for it, if you like it. I'm not a big fan of bull bars. I think they look nice if the truck is lifted the right amount. $50 doesn't sound like too bad of a price. And ya I have seen some nice paint jobs on them. I would'nt mind getting one and painting it black with a red TRD in the middle.

Products Discussed in

To Top