Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

how many with sliders use's them as steps

Old 11-15-2010, 11:00 AM   #1
LIVE TO FLY
Kdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken
Kdawwwg's Tacoma Gallery
how many with sliders use's them as steps

so thats the question if you bought your sliders as a combo slider steps ,do you find that you use them as steps
my main concern is getting out ,will i be able to get my heel on them, an then rotate out,or am i just go into slide on by them covering my leg with road grime each time?
Old 11-15-2010, 11:11 AM   #2
757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
757southpaw's Tacoma Gallery
Where do you thing you'll be getting sliders for the DC LB? I've been lookn a little and want some for my rig!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
i use mine as a step, but they dont stick out from the side of the truck too far. when exiting the truck, i try to step out past them. sometimes i rub my pant leg, sometimes i dont.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
ASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to beholdASH is a splendid one to behold

ASH's Tacoma Gallery
I've got Avid bolt-on sliders and use them for steps and door ding protection. They do not stick out too far and my leg barely rubs when stepping out of the truck. Here are a few pics for reference:

Old 11-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #5
jmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud ofjmdaniel has much to be proud of

Army:
jmdaniel's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrgrnr View Post
My girl friend has trouble sliding on them on the way out. I have no problem, just place my heel on the slider, pivot, and step out.
I bought some textured tape from McMaster-Carr and put it on the top of the sliders I had on my FJ Cruiser. No more slippage.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #6
Nothing beats a Butter Shave..
Hipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant future

Name: Tom
Hipster's Tacoma Gallery
+1 on the Avid Sliders. I rattle canned mine, so they don't look as nice, but the fit is great.

Although I don't use them as steps, my wife and kids do.

Great insurance on door dings as well.

One of these days, I need to unbolt them, get them sandblasted and powder coated.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
LIVE TO FLY
Kdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shedKdawwwg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken
Kdawwwg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757southpaw View Post
Where do you thing you'll be getting sliders for the DC LB? I've been lookn a little and want some for my rig!
Brandon with avid will make you set
someday beefedtaco will make a set too, is the rumor
Old 11-15-2010, 11:58 AM   #8
757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed757southpaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jay
757southpaw's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kdawwwg View Post
Brandon with avid will make you set
someday beefedtaco will make a set too, is the rumor
Okay thanks! Nice rig by the way!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:05 PM   #9
Black06Taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Dillon
Black06Taco's Tacoma Gallery
We sell a bolt on slider kit. I believe they stick out far enough to be used as a step.

Sleeoffroad.com
Old 11-15-2010, 12:21 PM   #11
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Those Avids are only a step.

Don't try to use the Avid bolt on's as a "slider", they will fail and damage the vehicle.

If you want protection go with Relentless, Demello, or another vendor known for making bullet proof products.
he makes weld on ones too.. just sayin.. but yeah bad idea using bolt on's as sliders
Old 11-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #12
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
It's not that they're bolt ons but that only the Avids bolt up on the stock running board locations on the cab Terrible design!!!

Some bolt on's (ones to the frame) are just as strong as the weld on's. it's all in design, not the way you put them on.
haha well the website does say they are steps that look like sliders, i've been looking at his and relentless fabs sliders for my truck
Old 11-15-2010, 12:30 PM   #13
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
my parents, GF and guests use the sliders and oh shit handles in order to get into the truck
Old 11-15-2010, 12:32 PM   #14
Nothing beats a Butter Shave..
Hipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant futureHipster has a brilliant future

Name: Tom
Hipster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Those Avids are only a step.

Don't try to use the Avid bolt on's as a "slider", they will fail and damage the vehicle.

If you want protection go with Relentless, Demello, or another vendor known for making bullet proof products.
FWIW, 99.99% of bolt on sliders are used as steps/door ding protection and "minor" off-roading.

Not all of us out there want to weld sliders on to our frame, so a bolt on is a great way to go.

As far as "Avid" not being a bullet proof product for their Welded Sliders, I beg to differ...
Old 11-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #15
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
jus when i clean my truck n shit
Old 11-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #16
Quote:
Relentless FTW

Trust me............they are the beefiest on the market. If you're gonna beat on them, then go with them.

If your gonna use them as a "step" and not a slider, don't bother and go with avid.............

IMO there is no compairison in strength between the Avids and Relentless. Should be a no brainer decision.
lol i need weld on sliders
Old 11-15-2010, 12:36 PM   #17
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 757southpaw View Post
Demello Offroad and Shrockworks have them.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:38 PM   #18
DTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTacoms is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DTacoms's Tacoma Gallery
I have demello offroad hybrid bolt on sliders but I haven't got into drilling the frame. I secured them using the frame's existing holes, so these sliders are used as steps for now.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #19
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Relentless FTW

Trust me............they are the beefiest on the market. If you're gonna beat on them, then go with them.

If your gonna use them as a "step" and not a slider, don't bother and go with avid.............

IMO there is no compairison in strength between the Avids and Relentless. Should be a no brainer decision.
uhhhh umm. There is one other company that comes to mind.

Quote:
Again...............you all are missing the point

Beefed tacos and Demello bolt'ons are some of the strongest on the market also. It's not the weld on that makes them strong, it's the design of the slider.

I have seen with my own 2 eyes AllPoo sliders bend like coat hanger and they were weld'ons.

Relentless sliders are tough because of the "Hybrid" design and the material he uses. Also his placements of the mounting legs.
EXACTLY! It's all in the number of legs/placement of them. Also the hardware has a role in it.

If you think bolts on are weak then explain this

Yes the whole passenger side of the truck is lifted from a single point on the slider.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:48 PM   #20
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Drilling holes in your frame will make the frame weaker.

Welding sliders on your frame will make the frame stronger.

Facts not fiction or opinion.

I am amazed people are willing to drill out their frame for less damage and think welding is more damage....haha

If I go to sell my truck Ill cut mine off and grind them down. Guys with holes - whatcha going to do????

X2 on Larry's post as well.
Grab the wrench