Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Eyelid - Shop Installed?

Old 11-16-2010, 05:29 AM   #1
Nukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Adam
Nukewater's Tacoma Gallery
Eyelid - Shop Installed?

my truck is in the Autobody shop right now getting the side box panel painted (long drama filled story, well not really, but) and at the same time i am getting them to paint my eyelids. Is it a better idea to get them to install the eyelids, or just to do it myself when i get them back. The truck is already there, and they have the instructions for the eyelids with them.

thoughts?
Old 11-16-2010, 07:18 AM   #2
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Do it yourself. All you have to do is put some 3m double sided tape on the back of them and put them in place. The only way you will have it done like you want it, is if you do it yourself.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
I'm Not Your F***ing Brother
Paul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedPaul's TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Paul's TRD's Tacoma Gallery
yeah, do it yourself. all they are gonna do is charge you an hours worth of labor for something you can do in about 5 minutes. some advice on putting them on............get yourself a spray bottle of water. place the 3m tape all on the inside of the eyelid. don't go crazy with the tape. just place it in some key areas. i.e....the end for sure and some in the middle. it will stick trust me. Okay, once you get the 3m on the eyelide peel back the paper from the side that will stick to the light. spray some water on it generously and spray some water on the headlight. this will allow you about 5 or seconds to place and be able to move the lid around to fine tune/adjust. once position found, squeeze cautiously as to not to move the lid around, but get the water from the 3m tape. basically let it dry for a few hours before taking on the highway. you can drive around town as long as you keep under 30 for the first few hours. that's how I did mine about 4 months ago and they haven't fallen off yet or show any indication of even getting loose.