A good Western Washington Dealership?

Old 11-16-2010, 03:35 PM   #1
Lawdog2010 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Sergeant
Name: Brian
Lawdog2010's Tacoma Gallery
A good Western Washington Dealership?

Hey everyone,

I didn't know if I should post this here or in the regional section but I thought I might get more response here in the second generation threads.

Anyway, Im looking for a TSB friendly dealership to take my 2010 double cab short box for the rear spring TSB... ( I know, you're all tire of discussing the TSB but I would really like to get this done.)

I called the dealership where I bought the truck to set up my first oil change and mentioned the rear spring TSB and was met by silence and a lot of "we aren't familier with that so I can't give you an answer!"

I would like to do a mild lift on my rig and definitely want to upgrade my rear springs either way. I thought that I would try to have Toyota correct my lack of load carrying ability with the TSB. If I can't get it done through Toyota, I'll have to probably do an add a leaf anyway...

So, my question is; does anyone out there have experience with a Toyota dealership in Washington, (I live near Marysville, but am willing to drive to get it done.) that is familier with the rear spring TSB?
If so, how much hassle did you endure to get it done? Should I just keep trying different service advisors at my selling dealership until I find someone that can give me an answer? It seems that some dealerships/service managers have bee instucted to not do the TSB unless there is no way to get out of it.

Thank you all in advance for your help... I love the inf on this site.

Brian
Old 11-16-2010, 03:41 PM   #2
Drewg is on a distinguished road
Name: Drew
Drewg's Tacoma Gallery
Washington Dealers

Hi Brian,

After a bit of a hassle I was successful at Toyota of Kirkland. They accidentally put a new 3 leaf pack instead of the 4 leaf pack... After I showed them pictures and spoke with the service manager they were very quick to replace and that was the only issue. After my mishap I'm sure they won't make that mistake again.

Hope this helps.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #3
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Heartland Toyota in Bremerton did mine no questions asked
Old 11-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #4
RX2RIDE is a jewel in the roughRX2RIDE is a jewel in the roughRX2RIDE is a jewel in the rough
RX2RIDE's Tacoma Gallery
Rodland Toyota did mine, no questions asked. I did not buy the truck there, although I have bought several new Toyotas form Rodland.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:30 PM   #5
snowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of lightsnowmansgarage is a glorious beacon of light

snowmansgarage's Tacoma Gallery
I did not have that good of an experience with Lake City Toyota and if I need to go to a dealer for anything else, I will be giving Toyota of Seattle a shot. Good luck and don't take "no" for an answer!
Old 11-16-2010, 08:43 PM   #6
deeznutz will become famous soon enough
deeznutz's Tacoma Gallery
I'd highly recommend Michael's Toyota in Bellevue.
They did both my rear TSB and transmission recalibration on my 09' without any questions asked.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #7
CalvinOfTacoma is on a distinguished road
Army:
CalvinOfTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota of Puyallup did my 2007 no questions asked for the rear springs. It was set up over the phone without having to bring it in for an evaluation. YMMV depending on which service advisor you deal with, and this is probably true at any dealership. They are not always similar in handling complaints/issues. Best of luck wherever you go.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #8
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
seattle crew out of nowhere up in this bitch
Old 11-16-2010, 09:46 PM   #9
tuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtuckr2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tuckr2's Tacoma Gallery
I had my Transmission shift TSB and my rear Spring TSB done at Toyota of Puyallup. Great job. Quick turn around. They have been in business in Puyallup for a long time. K
Old 11-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #10
RX2RIDE is a jewel in the roughRX2RIDE is a jewel in the roughRX2RIDE is a jewel in the rough
RX2RIDE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWtacoma View Post
Nice
Old 11-16-2010, 10:30 PM   #11
Lawdog2010 is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Sergeant
Name: Brian
Lawdog2010's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys!

This is just the kind of response that I was hoping for. Rodland in Everett is the closest to me so I'll try there first.
I bought the truck in Burlington, (Foothills Toyota) and it was actually a great buying experience... I'm just not very confident in their service when an advisor tells me that he is not familier with a TSB that has been out there for several years.

Thanks again.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #12
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Hope you're in warranty.
If not, they'll act like they're concerned before telling you to eff off.
Michael's Toyota in Bellevue...bad buying experience...decent service before warranty expired, no sympathy afterward.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:36 PM   #13
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Got mine at Michael's as well. Just OK buying experience. Found service to be quite pleasant to work with actually. Looks like you have a few reputable dealers to start trying to communicate with!
Old 11-19-2010, 05:01 PM   #14
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWtacoma View Post
LOL
Old 11-19-2010, 05:09 PM   #15
YGWYPF
RainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shedRainDodger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Naval Aviator
RainDodger's Tacoma Gallery
Another vote for Rodland. I'm in Snohomish, so I gave them a try and they've been nothing but great. I bought my Tacoma from them, but I also have an FJ that I bought elsewhere. Rodland has been great with both. They did the TSB no problem.

If you get a chance, when you make the appointment ask for "Jim" on the "Blue Team". He owns a Tacoma himself and is really familiar with them personally. He always listens and doesn't discount what you're telling him. I had such great luck with them that I sent a letter to their corporate hdqts in CA and told them.

Nope, I don't work there. In fact I've been real skeptical of dealers for years, but these guys proved me wrong, at least in their case.