Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

How did you paint the t-rex eyelids?

Old 12-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #21
MMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Michael
MMazz365's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
I got a can of paint code color matched paint in a rattle can from NAPA for around $18, then bought a can of clear coat.

Went to town on my grille in my garage. Took a day or two, but came out just fine.
Did it match good ?
Old 12-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #22
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) & Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMazz365 View Post
Did it match good ?
Perfectly.

Sorry, forgot to mention it's silver not white. But they mix it up in the shop fresh in about 20 minutes.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #23
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I tried out the duplicolor spray can for my super white and it turned out really off. I'm going to pull em off and take my eyelids as well as my grille to a shop and get em professionally done when I have a little money to do so.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #24
I <3 Taco's
YeahBoyyy is on a distinguished road

YeahBoyyy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanjboutin View Post
Perfectly.

Sorry, forgot to mention it's silver not white. But they mix it up in the shop fresh in about 20 minutes.

Sorry.. completely off topic, forgive me. But whose black truck to the right of yours is that?
Old 12-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #25
Mob parking lots.
ryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shedryanjboutin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: ET2(SS) & Air Force DoD contractor.
Name: Ryan J. Boutin
ryanjboutin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YeahBoyyy View Post
Sorry.. completely off topic, forgive me. But whose black truck to the right of yours is that?
Eddie, Special K. He's on deployment in Alaska right now.
Old 12-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #26
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
I tried out the duplicolor spray can for my super white and it turned out really off. I'm going to pull em off and take my eyelids as well as my grille to a shop and get em professionally done when I have a little money to do so.
Ditto, I ended up getting 5 cans from spraycansunlimited on ebay. Closer but I don't think it's perfect.

As for the code it's 40
Old 01-03-2011, 03:22 PM   #27
MMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant futureMMazz365 has a brilliant future
EMS:
Name: Michael
MMazz365's Tacoma Gallery
i just painted mine with color matched rattle can and they look a little dull... would it get shiny er if i use some clear? or will it mess it up?
Old 01-03-2011, 04:36 PM   #28
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ Same for me. I paid $25.00 for a custom mixed rattle can from a local paint shop and did them myself. The were close but not close enough for me. I had my buddy that's a body-man take them to work and spray them. I'm Indigo Ink and he said he had to do them three times to get a good match. According to him, there are three or four different "recipes" for Indigo Ink and I would assume most other colors as well. Not sure what that would have cost me since my buddy did them for free. Just cost me a few Jack & Cokes...well worth it!