Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Quiet headers

Old 11-17-2010, 03:56 AM   #1
ImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud of
ImthePrez's Tacoma Gallery
Quiet headers

I want some headers but dont want the raspy sound or them to be to loud..so basically I just want the performance. Im leaning toward some LT's...any suggestions?
Old 11-17-2010, 05:21 AM   #2
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
There isn't a such thing as quiet headers.

To find the sound you want, you need to look at what mufflers to get.

If you're looking for quiet, look into a turbo style design like a Dynomax super turbo muffler. These should be mild even with headers and still flow better than stock.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
iSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shediSTIZO99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
iSTIZO99's Tacoma Gallery
Yea I was about to say...quiet & headers don't generally go together. You may need to use a resonator or two but then again I don't know if that would take away from the performance aspect of it.

I'm no exhaust expert so maybe someone with more experience would be of better help.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:02 AM   #4
ImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud ofImthePrez has much to be proud of
ImthePrez's Tacoma Gallery
Yea i know headers will defiently make it louder. I just like to find some that dont make it really loud. I may look into the exhaust then.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:14 AM   #5
OH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedOH-MAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Steve
OH-MAN's Tacoma Gallery
Muffler will decide the sound, most folks add a louder muffler to hear the "sound of power"

Headers will allow better flow but if you run all the stock cats and muffler I bet it sounds like stock.

Performance? I bet it is so small with all the stock stuff after the headers it is not worth the cost.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:27 AM   #6
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
If you resonate it right, you won't get the rasp. You will still be louder than stock though no doubt.