Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Has anyone installed this ebay grill

Old 11-17-2010, 05:11 AM   #1
clankey is on a distinguished road

Army: Combat eng
clankey's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone installed this ebay grill

Just wondering if anyone had installed this grill. If so could to post a couple of pics and give me your opinion on the fit, finish, and quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Has anyone installed this ebay grill-taco-grill.jpg  
Old 11-17-2010, 05:29 AM   #2
Baadboy11 is on a distinguished road
Baadboy11's Tacoma Gallery
You got a link to it by chance?
Old 11-17-2010, 05:33 AM   #3
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
A TW member with a black Taco has one. Maybe he'll see this and chime in.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:39 AM   #4
mholmes137 is on a distinguished road
Name: Matt
mholmes137's Tacoma Gallery
I've had it one like 6 months now. I like it because it's black and I haven't even seen a picture of another tacoma with this grill. As for quality- it's all plastic. Not overly flimsy but not something that screams quality either. There is no extra finish/paint on it, it's just gloss black plastic. I'm considering painting mine in the future depending on what I get for a plate front bumper/brush guard and if it's flat black or gloss. It looks perfectly fine without paint though as long as you're okay with the gloss black.

Overall it seems to fit well, I haven't noticed that it's got goofy gaps anywhere or anything like that. I do remember struggling with it quite a bit during installation though. The tabs on it almost seemed a little too close together to fit in where they were supposed to, but I eventually got everything to line up and it's just a tight fit, which is actually probably better for overall and fit and finished look. It was just an extra hour or two of struggling trying to get things lined up and back together.

I'm happy with the grill overall. It's something different and a kind of cool look. I also liked the fact that if I hated it or ever want to change, I've still got my stock grill sitting in the rafters of my garage that's not hacked up that I can switch back to.

Not the greatest pictures of it, but better than nothing

Old 11-17-2010, 06:02 AM   #5
clankey is on a distinguished road

Army: Combat eng
clankey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mholmes137 View Post
I've had it one like 6 months now. I like it because it's black and I haven't even seen a picture of another tacoma with this grill. As for quality- it's all plastic. Not overly flimsy but not something that screams quality either. There is no extra finish/paint on it, it's just gloss black plastic. I'm considering painting mine in the future depending on what I get for a plate front bumper/brush guard and if it's flat black or gloss. It looks perfectly fine without paint though as long as you're okay with the gloss black.

Overall it seems to fit well, I haven't noticed that it's got goofy gaps anywhere or anything like that. I do remember struggling with it quite a bit during installation though. The tabs on it almost seemed a little too close together to fit in where they were supposed to, but I eventually got everything to line up and it's just a tight fit, which is actually probably better for overall and fit and finished look. It was just an extra hour or two of struggling trying to get things lined up and back together.

I'm happy with the grill overall. It's something different and a kind of cool look. I also liked the fact that if I hated it or ever want to change, I've still got my stock grill sitting in the rafters of my garage that's not hacked up that I can switch back to.

Not the greatest pictures of it, but better than nothing

Great Thanks for the reply
Old 11-17-2010, 06:18 AM   #6
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Saw these too but went ahead with a 2011 instead. Looks good tho.