Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2nd gen grille

Old 11-17-2010, 06:33 AM   #1
neoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neoflex's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen grille

May be a dumb question and I did search but didn't find what I was looking for so please bare with me if this has been covered in the past. I am looking to do the GrilleCraft grille with fogs behind it but my question pertains to the stock grille. Is there any way to remove the dark gray center without cutting it? I am thinking if I decided to get rid of the truck in the future and bring it back to stock prior, I don't want to have to replace the whole grille assembly including the color matched portion and would rather be able to just pull the mesh and replace the stock center and be done with it. Again, may be a dumb question as I have not even looked at the truck yet to investigate as I was just looking at some images and like the look and figured why the F not.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:36 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
You can remove the colored or chrome shell from the black plastic backing but you can not remove the center piece without cutting. Price to pay for grillecraft grille... Some billets fit over the existing grille and do not require irreversible modification.
Old 11-17-2010, 06:39 AM   #3
If you want it bad, you usually get it bad!
Mark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shedMark C. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LCDR Mustang (Ret) - 30 yrs - Submarine and Target Service
Name: Mark
Mark C.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
May be a dumb question and I did search but didn't find what I was looking for so please bare with me if this has been covered in the past. I am looking to do the GrilleCraft grille with fogs behind it but my question pertains to the stock grille. Is there any way to remove the dark gray center without cutting it? I am thinking if I decided to get rid of the truck in the future and bring it back to stock prior, I don't want to have to replace the whole grille assembly including the color matched portion and would rather be able to just pull the mesh and replace the stock center and be done with it. Again, may be a dumb question as I have not even looked at the truck yet to investigate as I was just looking at some images and like the look and figured why the F not.
You may want to consider getting a used grille from someone here or from Ebay....to experiment with...and save your stock grille. I don't think the cross members separate....at least they didn't on the 05-10. Not sure about the 11. You can probably pick up a used grille for about $100???
Old 11-17-2010, 06:41 AM   #4
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C. View Post
You may want to consider getting a used grille from someone here or from Ebay....to experiment with...and save your stock grille. I don't think the cross members separate....at least they didn't on the 05-10. Not sure about the 11. You can probably pick up a used grille for about $100???
2011 is even worse because it has that plastic mesh. Lots of cutting required!
Old 11-18-2010, 09:08 PM   #6
neoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neoflex's Tacoma Gallery
I was afraid of that. I was hoping the dark gray inner was removable. Ahh well I guess the sawsall will get a work out. Thanks!
Old 11-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #7
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
I would imagine a GC or satoshi actually would increase someone's want to buy your truck should you sell