Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

5 Day Old Tacoma Going Back

Old 04-14-2007, 07:38 AM   #1
GT88 is on a distinguished road
GT88's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation 5 Day Old Tacoma Going Back

Hi All,
Well this is sad. Bought a Toyota based on their reputation of the quality that built them.

How can there be bad torque converters, bad lifters and bad main bearings in a 5 day old 232 mile 2007 Prerunner?? Is ford building Tacomas now?

I'll update later as I am heading out of country on business until next Wed. but the Toyota is back at dealer awaiting district mgr.

Bye
Old 04-14-2007, 08:11 AM   #2
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I am sorry to hear about your troubles with the new truck. Unfortunately with anything that is manufactured there are a few items that are just trouble. Even with Toyota's tight quality control a few lemons do make it out onto the market but the numbers are far fewer that what you would find with and Ford, GM or Dodge product.

I do hope Toyota pulls through for you and gets you a new engine and transmission (I wouldn't settle for anything less). Please keep us posted on what happens.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:24 AM   #3
pinkslip is on a distinguished road
pinkslip's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry to hear. Unfortunately, lemon laws are strict and require your vehicle return to the dealer several times for the same issue before it is classified as a lemon. Try to maintain a good relationship with your dealer (remind yourself that the guy you're talking to at your dealer is not responsible for the problem, only the solution), and you will have better luck getting them to resolve the problem.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:51 PM   #4
littleschipper is on a distinguished road
littleschipper's Tacoma Gallery
My '07 Dbl Cab was leaking font axle lube on the front axle, passenger side, since the day I picked it up. I didn't notice it until I went to change my oil for the first time and Toyota fixed it under warranty immediately. The leak was minor but annoying on a brand new truck. The Tech wrote that the original factory seal was "deformed". Other than that, this is the first new vehicle I've purchased that didn't have multiple problems right off the bat.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:26 PM   #5
it's all about me
Ldytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to beholdLdytaco05 is a splendid one to behold

Ldytaco05's Tacoma Gallery
So GT what's the status on your taco. it is so sad to hear that but it's only a few owners have issues with their taco. I did when I took my "Diva" home the alignment was the main issue that contributed on the vibration while in speeds over 60mph. i took it back 3 times until they got it right, after that i just have to maintain the preventive maintainance to keep my "Diva" in tip top shape.
Old 04-27-2007, 06:19 PM   #6
Duckman is on a distinguished road

Duckman's Tacoma Gallery
Me B happy...

After being a happy owner of a 99 PreRunner V6 Xcab for over 232k miles I was hoping to get the same kind of truck with my new 07. I started reading about the 30-20mph decel vibration and the AC jerking but I am very happy to say that I have neither. Or some talking about ticking coming out of one side of the engine...me nada. I do feel the AC kick on probably a little more than my last truck. The auto trans does shift a bit different and I do miss the feeling of the shifter being connected directly to the trans. The things that bug me are nothing big but stupid stuff I don't personally like. So far I getting an adjusted mpg around 21 running mid-grade...A couple mile less than my old faithful with regular. I know it is still early...but I am enjoying this truck.