Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Toyota's 2 years free service/road side

Old 11-18-2010, 09:21 AM   #1
tonyreo is on a distinguished road
Name: Tony
tonyreo's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota's 2 years free service/road side

Got our new 2011 DC about 9 days ago and was wondering something.
It came with the free 2 year service and road side assistance but I don't think I got any information on it, you know, like a card with a 800 number to call, should I have?
Old 11-18-2010, 09:24 AM   #2
ekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of light

ekard's Tacoma Gallery
You should get a brochure and other info in the mail in a couple weeks (took almost a month for me).
Old 11-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #3
tonyreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekard View Post
You should get a brochure and other info in the mail in a couple weeks (took almost a month for me).

Great, thanks much for the info.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:26 AM   #4
Another FNG
cactuscorn has much to be proud ofcactuscorn has much to be proud ofcactuscorn has much to be proud ofcactuscorn has much to be proud ofcactuscorn has much to be proud ofcactuscorn has much to be proud ofcactuscorn has much to be proud ofcactuscorn has much to be proud ofcactuscorn has much to be proud of

cactuscorn's Tacoma Gallery
yes! as i understand it, toyota does not keep a database thats available to nationwide dealers for this option. if ya dont have the paperwork, yer about screwed. the finance guy should have told ya this and given ya copies of that agreement to keep in the truck at all times. check the stack of paper he gave ya and if its truely not there, its time for a little visit with yer boy.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:27 AM   #5
Palehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPalehorse1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Palehorse1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekard View Post
...took almost a month for me...
Same time frame here. Hope you enjoy your new truck.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:28 AM   #6
tonyreo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuscorn View Post
yes! as i understand it, toyota does not keep a database thats available to nationwide dealers for this option. if ya dont have the paperwork, yer about screwed. the finance guy should have told ya this and given ya copies of that agreement to keep in the truck at all times. check the stack of paper he gave ya and if its truely not there, its time for a little visit with yer boy.
I'll have to go through the stack again, it's probably there.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #7
Another FNG
cactuscorn has much to be proud ofcactuscorn has much to be proud ofcactuscorn has much to be proud ofcactuscorn has much to be proud ofcactuscorn has much to be proud ofcactuscorn has much to be proud ofcactuscorn has much to be proud ofcactuscorn has much to be proud ofcactuscorn has much to be proud of

if ya signed it, chances are good its there. maybe theres somethin commin in the mail too, but i wasnt aware of it or just plain forgot.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:55 AM   #8
huckyourmeat is just really nicehuckyourmeat is just really nicehuckyourmeat is just really nicehuckyourmeat is just really nice
huckyourmeat's Tacoma Gallery
I got my paperwork in the mail about a month and a half after I bought my truck. They actually included vouchers that I have to submit to get the different services, making me think that they don't keep track of this centrally just like the above poster mentioned.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #9
Mr. Midlife Crisis
TacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoAlaMode is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
TacoAlaMode's Tacoma Gallery
IIRC, the whole program is handled by a third party. I had this same deal on my truck. Walked in to get my first oil change and the dealer said "You should have a book with vouchers." I had my truck for almost 3 months and had never recieved it. Got my salesman involved and he called up the company. Something had failed in the process, but they ended up sending me a booklet. The dealership went ahead that day and performed the maintenance thanks to my salesman.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #10
xxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to behold

xxaarraa's Tacoma Gallery
No real need for paperwork. I have the same prepaid deal and I forget the coupons at home each time. They are able to just call it in, which they do anyway even if you do have the coupon.
Old 11-18-2010, 11:59 AM   #11
Señor Member
DriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shedDriverSound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

DriverSound's Tacoma Gallery
From what I've been told, its good at any dealership and not just from where you bought it from. Took over a month to even get the paper work for my truck and our 4Runner.

800-444-4195 for the roadside assistance. Make sure you have your membership number though. You can find it in a single sheet of paper the dealer should have given you along with your sales contract, etc...
Old 11-18-2010, 12:04 PM   #12
scottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shedscottri is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
scottri's Tacoma Gallery
Yup, about a month for me. Comes in a folder with some other stuff and a coupon book.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:21 PM   #13
Another FNG

okey doke, i kinda blew it. what i was referring to turns out to be my 'Platinum Extended Service Agreement' which covers roadside assistance (towing, fluids delivery, flat changes, lockout service and jumps), powertrain, electrical, fuel system, steering components and suspension components. mine is good for 72 months or 75000 miles, whichever comes 1st im sure, with 0 deductable at any toyota authorized dealership. at $1582 included on the financing, this sounded like a solid investment. this is the paperwork i was given at the time of purchase and instructed to carry in the truck at all times.

reguarding the roaside assistance: it gets a little nutty here in texas. other than a "result of inclement weather conditions or the unavailability of services due to a remote location" the roaside assistance call MUST be made beforehand through the United States Automobile Club or you wont be reimbursed... period. some crap went down after 1/1/98 with the State Attorney General, USAC and the Automobile Club Services Act. not sure if this applies to any other state but you folks may wanna check it out if theres any doubt. i was given this notice along with my maint booklet and im getting to that part as we speak.

now that i read the rest of these posts and have checked my paperwork, ive found the 'Toyota Auto Care Prepaid Maintenance Program' booklet which was indeed mailed within 2 weeks of purchase with coupons for 5 authorized dealership services including oil change, filter, chassis lube, tire rotation and multi point inspection to be done every 5000 miles +/- 1000 miles "as shown on the certificate".

sorry for the confusion
Old 11-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #14
Another FNG

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverSound View Post
800-444-4195 for the roadside assistance. Make sure you have your membership number though. You can find it in a single sheet of paper the dealer should have given you along with your sales contract, etc...
yep! mines yellow and has the "agreement number" in the top right corner under the bar code. this is the sheet that spells out yer terms for this service such as contract start date, contract length (miles/months) and deductable. i was given 2 diff phone numbers on mine. before "repairs" call 1 800 833 8443. for "24 hour roadside assistance" call 1 800 446 6614. maybe this is a regional thing. i carry this and my vehicle service agreement in the truck at all times in case its ever questioned in time of need. nuthin sucks more than arguing yer coverage and benifits while out in the sticks with a low cell battery when the weathers shit while some toothless creep in overalls 2 sizes too small eyeballs yer pre-teen son.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #15
milw156 will become famous soon enoughmilw156 will become famous soon enough
Name: P
milw156's Tacoma Gallery
For the record my booklet took over 2 months to show up. I bought the truck early October, and got the booklet yesterday.

Thanks,

Peter