1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Buying help TRD OR?-Locker?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by D13, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Nov 19, 2010 at 1:24 PM
    330d

330d Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    Shopping for it....
    Sounds to me like a TRD Sport DC with an ARB airlocker is the best combination of aesthetics and function. That may be what I end up with....

2. Nov 19, 2010 at 5:36 PM
    Matic

Matic The "OFG" Baby!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tricky Dick
    Easley, SC
    Vehicle:
    1 owner 2002 TRD, SR5, DC, 2.7. Full OME suspension, STT pro's.
    OME 881 coils with OME nitrochargers shocks up front. TC UCA's OME Dakars with extra leaf in the rear. Warn 8000 winch with 80ft custom braided synth line. Custom 60ft synth extension. All pro tube bumper, Hi-lift jack, Safari Snorkel, Wilco tiregate. 2019 Jeep JLUR.
    Well. Actually I LOVE my powertrax no slip locker. It performs flawlessly for the conditions that I need it for. I have had zero issues with it.
    I'm just saying if I lived in an area where we got snow, I would opt for a different alternative. ie. arb, open diff or lsd.
    The ultimate answer for me would be an "Ox" locker with an aircraft cable type engaging system. No air pumps or air lines to go bad or get hung up on the trail. But alas...Ox doesnt make one for the 8.4 :(

3. Nov 20, 2010 at 4:24 PM
    Isthatahemi

Isthatahemi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD
    BFG AT's, Weathertechs, Hoppy's brake controller.
    I Offroad alot. At least a few hours per month. I hate the fact that the locking rear diff is fragile. I need to know that when I get in a jam, I can put the hammer down and tear my way out. The difference between a car and a truck should primarily be durability. And the tiny ring gear that comes with the E-Locker is a deal breaker.
    I would go with the SR5, BFG AT's, and the 4LOW TRAC mod. Tough, capable, and cheaper!

4. Nov 20, 2010 at 6:48 PM
    D13

D13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    Moving all the time
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD-OR
    Tinted windows, Plasti-dipped emblems (black), white 2011 grill w plasti derped white toyota emblem, Weathertech dontfits; Clarion HU, Hertz-165 Coax, Alpine 500w mono to 8" JL 3w3, Wet Okeles, CBI sliders, Eibach/5100's @0.85 in front, Dakar leaves and OME shocks in rear, Leer topper.
    It appears the vehicle was snagged out from under me. Not exactly too keen on how the seller handled the situation. Will be the one that got away....

The search continues

5. Nov 21, 2010 at 6:57 PM
    D13

D13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    D
    Moving all the time
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD-OR
    Tinted windows, Plasti-dipped emblems (black), white 2011 grill w plasti derped white toyota emblem, Weathertech dontfits; Clarion HU, Hertz-165 Coax, Alpine 500w mono to 8" JL 3w3, Wet Okeles, CBI sliders, Eibach/5100's @0.85 in front, Dakar leaves and OME shocks in rear, Leer topper.
    Ha.. well after accepting that I didn't get the truck... The phone rings.

Its the seller, her other deals fell through and she would take a bit less because of the ordeal/is sick of screwin around.

So I just sealed the deal via the phone.

2008 TRD-OR, automatic transmission, it is in Great shape. I'll pick it up next weekend.

Thanks for the advice on the locker.

Products Discussed in

To Top