1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2008 or 2009 Model??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by umrex, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Aug 5, 2008 at 7:51 AM
    Siafu

Siafu Eat My Dirt

Member:
    Redlands!
    Vehicle:
    V6 Camry XLE
    Limo tint on Windows, Removed all emblems, Powdercoated Rims Black
    Welcome to TW. Awsome to hear your from MN.

just to help ya all out a bit. prerunner means its not 4wd.
    the price increase between the 08 and 09 is about $300. not a whole lot.
    the only exterior diff are the tailights (fugly, but fixable). interior would be the back up camera, bluetooth and aux imput. these are very nice upgrades. and mp3 cd playability for the cd player and satalite radio ready. the buttons on the radio have been changed around a bit. also there are some added safety features on the 09 that are awsome. the new colors available are also amazing.

I bought my truck a few months ago and wish that i would have gotten an 09.

if you lease on now it will be up just in time to buy the new model thats going to come out in late 2010 or early 2011.

hope i have helped.

2. Aug 5, 2008 at 8:16 AM
    Chickenmunga

Chickenmunga Nuggety

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Keizer, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Offroad DC 4x4 with stuff
    All the normal TW BS
    Problem is, you aren't comparing apples to apples. You need to quote in reference to how much over or under you paid in relation to the dealer invoice, as the MSRP can change. You getting it for one price might be spot on for your area, but could be very overpriced when talking about the next state over - sometimes even the next region over.

FWIW, I was able to get an '08 DC 4x4 TRD Offroad for $500 under invoice at the end of April, and my rate is at 4.7% through a credit union.

3. Aug 5, 2008 at 8:18 AM
    linkfeeney

linkfeeney Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    link the stink!
    Sewell, NJ Eh!
    Vehicle:
    09 Doublecab TRD Off-Road! Magnetic Grey!
    that guy is wrong, trd has options of 4x2 or 4x4... its ur choice
    they have so much different configurations that I can't even count.. I think like 31 config!

4. Aug 5, 2008 at 11:15 AM
    genxer36

genxer36 Lord of Tomfoolery

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Bethlehem,GA
    Tow package, XM Satellite radio, K & N Air filter, & Channel Vent Visors
    You don't have to have the TRD package. Or do you not have a choice with a 4x4.. I have a 4x2 without the TRD package. I had a hard time seeing the value in TRD. I asked the sales person what I got for the extra 2K. All he said was better shocks & some chrome accents. 2K for that! Not even a tranny cooler! In 05 tranny cooler wasn't available, or that is what I was told.

5. Aug 5, 2008 at 12:13 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    I am not sure what that particular salesman is smoking. The SR5 packages give the chrome accents. In regards to the TRD packages, besides the suspension already mentioned (ok he was right there), you get multi-fuction overhead console w/ temp & compass, different buckets & fabric, the bed outlet. In the Sport, you get color matched grill surround, bumper, mirror & door covers, hood scoop & 17" Alloys. In the OR, you get locking rear differential & 16" Alloys, no color matched. Is it worth the extra $$, well, KBB acknowledges it as an option which ups its resale value so its not like you are throwing $$ away. A couple of the add-ons are nice imo. I opted not to buy a TRD because I was strictly going leftover inventory & none could be found in my region (This was 2007). You can get some pretty darn decent deals if you are not hung up on the newest. I bet a pretty nicely equipped TRD 2008 4WD can be had for 25k no trade.

6. Aug 7, 2008 at 4:14 PM
    TacomaStyle

TacomaStyle Member

Member:
    North County San Diego
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5
    I just bought the 08 a couple of weeks ago because of the money incentives. I ended up with a v6 access cab sr5 for 3500 under invoice. I really wanted a TRD 4x4, but couldn't see spending the extra cash for something I'd hardly use. I'd rather be financing a big screen tv or something. The 09's are nice because locking differential, curtain airbags, upgraded radio, and backup camera are all nice features. But 09's have a crappy color selection and lights.

It all depends on what you want. Upgrades or extra cash in the pocket.

Products Discussed in

To Top