1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fail: Black head lights

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RememberMorrison, Aug 4, 2008.

1. Aug 4, 2008 at 5:36 PM
    RememberMorrison

RememberMorrison [OP] Yeah, I'm that Guy

Member:
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver DC SB TRD OR TOW PKG
    So today I was gonna do the black headlight mod, I just finished debadging and painting/ placing the tacoma badges, as well as painting my TRD OR wheels. Those came out great. Well I looked at all of the Black Headlight mod write ups and extra pictures of the 4th bolt. I've done this mod before on different model cars, works well with nissan maximas. Where the hell is the fourth bolt? I only saw about 3 screws from underneath the bumper and two of them were for the radiator support. The other one I though was the 4th screw but the headlight still didnt come out. Is there any special way to tug the headlight out or am I just not getting the 4th screw?

Thanks, incase not in the sig. 2008 Taco DC TRD OR Silver.

2. Aug 4, 2008 at 7:00 PM
    45longcolt

45longcolt Well-Known Member

Member:
    DFW Area
    Vehicle:
    2020 Off Road
    You just got to basically feel for it. I have done mine twice now and each time I never actually "saw" it when it was installed. Just reach up there with a 1/4" drive and a 10 mm short socket and somehow the two matched up and they came out. Then when they are totally loose you do have to do a sweeping type motion to get them in and out. Just watch the front lens so it doesn't contact the body going in or out. That could make a nasty scratch.

Products Discussed in

To Top