1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

VSC BUZZER DISABLE - Mucho Easy

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Isthatahemi, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Nov 20, 2010 at 4:34 PM
    Isthatahemi

Isthatahemi [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD
    BFG AT's, Weathertechs, Hoppy's brake controller.
    Driving in the 5 months of winter weather, and having to listen to the VSC buzzer every time the back end slips out is really lame. So here's an easy way to shut it up!

1.Pull of 4WD knob

2.Using a small precision screwdriver, pop out the housing for the 4X4 selector.

3.With a flashlight, about 5" back, and 2" down, there is a little black box with a round hole about 1/4" across in the centre of it. There are 2 wires ran vertically from this box, mostly covered by a black sheath.

4. I used a SOG Seal Pup knife (very hillbilly, whatever), and reached in the dash and cut 1 of the 2 wires running to the buzzer.

5. Sweet silence! After that I reprogrammed the seatbelt chime to off, and now I only have to listen to horrible door seal squeek, but I will solve that tomorrow, with a little silicone spray.

If for whatever reason I wanted to re-connect this wire, I could remove the instrument panel, and butt splice it. But I see no reason for the stupid noise maker to even exist, so that won't be happening.:)

2. Nov 20, 2010 at 4:56 PM
    cactuscorn

cactuscorn Another FNG

Member:
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement TRD OR AT DCLB w/JBL Premium Package
    Ironman Stage 2 FCP 3" lift kit, Ironman skid plate kit, C4 Fab Hybrid front bumper and frame supports, C4 Fab sliders, Smittybuilt X2O 10k lb winch, Diode Dynamics Pro fogs, Baja Designs Sport fogs, Falken Rubitrek AT's, Midland Micro MXT275 GMRS radio, Victory 4x4 hood hinge antenna mount, ARE MX shell, 12 Volt Solutions remote starter w/ phone app module, Overland Equipped aux power tray/Blue Sea 12 circut ST blade fuse block w/ 187 series 100a circut breaker, OEM bedmat and floor mats, Hooke Road tailgate cover, JDM ASTAR 800 lumen LED reverse bulbs, iOttie wireless phone charger, blue LED dome light, back seat dog bed and rear seat12v/USB ports, Ironman diff breather, ac drain mod,, tons of rad recovery equipment and every cubbyhole filled with crap. On order: Method MR 316 wheels and 285/70R/17 BFG KO2's.
    are ya sayin ya turned off the seatbelt chime so ya can drive without it buckled?

3. Nov 20, 2010 at 6:38 PM
    Isthatahemi

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD
    Yup. Get over it!
    (When off road, hunting, maneuvering and so on. I don't need Toyota's say so on how I drive, or if I wear my seatbelt.)

4. Nov 20, 2010 at 10:12 PM
    David K

David K Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    Photos?

5. Nov 20, 2010 at 10:20 PM
    Yoytoda

Yoytoda The Little Truck That Could

Member:
    First Name:
    Roland
    Big Bear,CA / Upstate NY(Saratoga)
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma Regular Cab 4x4
    completely stock

:laughing: its funny how quick people are to judge. i for one hate the seatbelt while offroading. i dont nedd the beep...beep...beep. beep,beep,beep,beep,beepbeepbeepbeepbeep. Drive me fuckin' crazy!

6. Nov 21, 2010 at 8:42 AM
    Isthatahemi

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD
    No photos, sorry. I did it in the Sears parking lot while waiting for the wife. But there is only one set of 2 wires passing behind the 4X4 selector, so not really necessary.
    While hunting yesterday, I was spared that damned beeping at least a dozen times, what a stupid idea to put a traction buzzer on a truck....

7. Nov 21, 2010 at 10:30 AM
    David K

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    Differential Breather Mod Light Bar: 4 Cree LED lamps Bilstein 5100s Ride Rite Air Bags
    10-4, well done Hemi!

I see their logic in the beeper in 2WD, but not in 4WD...

One of the first times using the 4WD was last New Years in Baja and we were driving in a sand wash road with friends in the back seat... I was thrilled that I was able to keep moving at 32 psi in the tires... my pre-traction control Tacomas would have required deflating in order to not get stuck.

Anyway, we were fishtailing all about with that repeating beep-beep-beep. I thought that Toyota would have realized that when four wheeling this would occur and a warning means nothing... I mean, I cannot change my driving habits here... maybe if it was a paved road and I was driving crazy?

Thanks Hemi.

8. Dec 10, 2010 at 9:38 AM
    cactuscorn

cactuscorn Another FNG

Member:
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    Ironman Stage 2 FCP 3" lift kit, Ironman skid plate kit, C4 Fab Hybrid front bumper and frame supports, C4 Fab sliders, Smittybuilt X2O 10k lb winch, Diode Dynamics Pro fogs, Baja Designs Sport fogs, Falken Rubitrek AT's, Midland Micro MXT275 GMRS radio, Victory 4x4 hood hinge antenna mount, ARE MX shell, 12 Volt Solutions remote starter w/ phone app module, Overland Equipped aux power tray/Blue Sea 12 circut ST blade fuse block w/ 187 series 100a circut breaker, OEM bedmat and floor mats, Hooke Road tailgate cover, JDM ASTAR 800 lumen LED reverse bulbs, iOttie wireless phone charger, blue LED dome light, back seat dog bed and rear seat12v/USB ports, Ironman diff breather, ac drain mod,, tons of rad recovery equipment and every cubbyhole filled with crap. On order: Method MR 316 wheels and 285/70R/17 BFG KO2's.
    its funnier yet when folks break a ankle jumpin to conclusions and leave ya annonymous hate messages. relax. it was a question, not a political adgenda. what woulda been decent and human is to explain vsc rather than toss shit at a newbe who didnt understand. dont bother now, i got over it.

9. Dec 10, 2010 at 9:55 AM
    David K

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    :rofl:

Seriously, the VSC beeper should go off in 4WD because even in 'normal' 4WD'ing the rear end will fishtail a bit off road and that doesn't mean you are driving crazy. The VSC still works to correct the spin out, but we don't need the beeping while it is doing that.

10. Dec 10, 2010 at 9:59 AM
    SmilingMark

SmilingMark Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Ogden, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab
    Color matched grill w/ grillcraft. BHLM and Morimoto Mini HID's Debadged.
    Question, Does this buzzer do anything else besides beep when sliding? I find it annoying too, but don't want to disable any other buzzer type thing.

11. Dec 10, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    David K

Member:
    Pala Mesa, California
    Vehicle:
    2010 4WD Off Road DC
    It beeps when the VSC is working to keep you driving where you are intending to go... See the VSC info video on how VSC works, if you need to know.

12. Dec 10, 2010 at 10:08 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    I find that the steering wheel is much more effective in keeping the truck where I intend to go :D

I have a '07, no VSC = no beeps!

13. Dec 10, 2010 at 10:11 AM
    SmilingMark

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Ogden, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab
    Yeah, I got that part and understand how VSC works. The light on the dashboard is enough to let me know, don't need the buzzer as well.

14. Dec 10, 2010 at 10:12 AM
    SmilingMark

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Ogden, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab
    Hmm, being the dumbass that I am, that may prove useful. I'm assuming the 4wd lights flash or something of sort when I screw it up as well, or is this buzzer the only indication?

15. Dec 10, 2010 at 10:12 AM
    cactuscorn

cactuscorn Another FNG

Member:
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    agreed. my last car had traction control, which i loved in the snow and ice, but no buzzer. the dash light flashed - as if the feel of the computer messin with the drivetrain wasnt enough of a clue. in a situation like a midwestern blizzard, the last thing ya need is a alarm in yer ear when yer bringin it back from a 4 wheel drift on black ice, trust me.

16. Dec 10, 2010 at 10:14 AM
    SmilingMark

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Ogden, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab
    If you drive so well it never beeps, it seems VSC is waste of money since it's never used! :)

17. Dec 10, 2010 at 10:15 AM
    SmilingMark

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Ogden, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab
    I've got a manual, but i'm sure I can play around enough with it to get it to screw up today and see. I'd hate to disable something that tells me something important, like my air bags just went off or something.

18. Dec 10, 2010 at 10:17 AM
    SmilingMark

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Ogden, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Access Cab
    Ha! Probably with the cruise control on too.

19. Dec 10, 2010 at 10:18 AM
    cactuscorn

cactuscorn Another FNG

Member:
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    thers a seperate alarm for that. it sounds kinda like a face full of nylon sent from a explosive charge at 100 mpm. youll know it when it goes off.

20. Dec 10, 2010 at 10:19 AM
    Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free 1983 - 2015... It was a good run

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '19 Ford F-250 6.7 SCrew
    F-250 Land Yacht Mod
    The beep when you shift into 4wd is the 'oh shit, you're doing it wrong!!' indicator. The 4wd light on the dash flashes and once it goes solid, you're officially in 4wd so they sort of serve different purposes. Personally, I have yet to make the beeper go off when I put it in 4wd and hopefully I never will cause it means your truck is essentially yelling at you for doing something stupid.

Products Discussed in

To Top