1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What kind of fog lights to buy?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by HyTrojan, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Apr 14, 2007 at 5:14 PM
    HyTrojan

HyTrojan [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jared
    South Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Sport AT DCSB
    Nfab running boards, PapaRee Tune, T4R Pro SEMA rims
    Just wondering. I'm looking for a set of fog lights for my 2007 Regular cab Taco. I wish there was a option to get them when I made the purchase... but anyhow. Is the wiring already there & how is the mounting task? I'm just not sure what will fit.

Thanks all

2. Aug 8, 2007 at 3:41 PM
    novella

novella Member

Member:
    My truck is a 2007 Tacoma access cab 4X4 V6. The only option I have is the convenience package which includes power windows/door locks/mirrors, remote keyless entry, cruise control, sliding rear window with privacy glass. I ordered a set of fog lights from Advance Store, about $190 for the two lights. After removing the factory plugs the lights I bought plugged in just like the factory lights. I had crawled in under a Tacoma with factory installed fog lights to look. I had seen a coiled wire with plug taped under the fender well of my truck This factory installed wiring harness had a plug on the end exactly like the one on the factory installed fog lights on the truck I had looked at. The plug on this "factory wiring kit" plugged into the fog lights I had just installed. My next search was for a factory switch. I ordered one from eBay ($18.95) and when it arrived I found it was for a older model truck. I went to my local dealer and ask if a stock switch was available for the fog lights. He told me no but after I insisted he looked at his Tacoma parts list he found one and I ask for the stock number. The Toyota stock number is 84160 04010, my local dealer sells this switch for $54.95. I looked on line and found a on line listing for Toyota Parts. Address is http://www.toyota-parts-dealer.com/ I plugged in the part number and found the switch available for $35.48 plus approximately $10. No sales tax since it is coming from Virginia to Tennessee. Total time for installing the fog lights was about 10 -15 minutes. I removed one of the blanks on the dash and the wiring is there for the switch I ordered. When it arrived it took me longer to remove the plug from the dash than it did to install the switch. Total time involved was about 30 mintes.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  3. Feb 29, 2008 at 4:12 PM
    Mellow

Mellow Well-Known Member

Member:
    Dallas, TX
    Vehicle:
    08 Ext Cab SR5 4-Cyl Prerunner
    Do you happen to remember what lights you ended up with? I got some in the mail but I'm not crazy about them.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Feb 29, 2008 at 6:04 PM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    Be sure to check for the wiring before you do this. Most of the Tacomas do not come with the wiring harness in place to just drop in the fogs.

5. Feb 29, 2008 at 7:47 PM
    08beachtoy

08beachtoy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    08' reg cab 4x4 2.7ltr 5 spd
    Sony cd player /ipod , small amp, bed mat from Dee Zee , A.R.E. custom cap with yakima racks, weather gaurd floor mats , oem fog lights ,oem DRL mod, class III hitch ,custom bed mounted power inverter, tinted windows 5 % all around, oem hood protector /bugshield , avs door visors ,wet okole seat covers , Train air horn
    I just installed oem fog lights today on my 08 reg cab . I bought them from toyotapart.com(Metro Toyota kalamazoo , Mi they were expensive but pretty much everything was oem with the exception of the fuse holders and the bosch style relay I used my own waterproof fuse holders and had to supply my own wire. It was a pretty easy job to do I took my time did it 100% Looks great the lights definately help light things up a bit more and the truck looks better with em in there instead of those blanks the truck came with

6. Mar 3, 2008 at 11:06 PM
    ERdept

ERdept Well-Known Member

Member:
    I didn't put fog lights, just changed out the bulb to the JDM yellow's and I'm very happy with them.

Gets noticed too.

Products Discussed in

To Top