Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What kind of fog lights to buy?

Old 04-14-2007, 06:14 PM   #1
HyTrojan is on a distinguished road
Location: South Louisiana, 2007 Tacoma reg. cab, auto, silver streak mica
HyTrojan's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of fog lights to buy?

Just wondering. I'm looking for a set of fog lights for my 2007 Regular cab Taco. I wish there was a option to get them when I made the purchase... but anyhow. Is the wiring already there & how is the mounting task? I'm just not sure what will fit.

Thanks all
Old 08-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #2
novella is on a distinguished road
novella's Tacoma Gallery
Fog Lights

My truck is a 2007 Tacoma access cab 4X4 V6. The only option I have is the convenience package which includes power windows/door locks/mirrors, remote keyless entry, cruise control, sliding rear window with privacy glass. I ordered a set of fog lights from Advance Store, about $190 for the two lights. After removing the factory plugs the lights I bought plugged in just like the factory lights. I had crawled in under a Tacoma with factory installed fog lights to look. I had seen a coiled wire with plug taped under the fender well of my truck This factory installed wiring harness had a plug on the end exactly like the one on the factory installed fog lights on the truck I had looked at. The plug on this "factory wiring kit" plugged into the fog lights I had just installed. My next search was for a factory switch. I ordered one from eBay ($18.95) and when it arrived I found it was for a older model truck. I went to my local dealer and ask if a stock switch was available for the fog lights. He told me no but after I insisted he looked at his Tacoma parts list he found one and I ask for the stock number. The Toyota stock number is 84160 04010, my local dealer sells this switch for $54.95. I looked on line and found a on line listing for Toyota Parts. Address is http://www.toyota-parts-dealer.com/ I plugged in the part number and found the switch available for $35.48 plus approximately $10. No sales tax since it is coming from Virginia to Tennessee. Total time for installing the fog lights was about 10 -15 minutes. I removed one of the blanks on the dash and the wiring is there for the switch I ordered. When it arrived it took me longer to remove the plug from the dash than it did to install the switch. Total time involved was about 30 mintes.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #3
Mellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud ofMellow has much to be proud of

Mellow's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by novella View Post
My truck is a 2007 Tacoma access cab 4X4 V6. The only option I have is the convenience package which includes power windows/door locks/mirrors, remote keyless entry, cruise control, sliding rear window with privacy glass. I ordered a set of fog lights from Advance Store, about $190 for the two lights. After removing the factory plugs the lights I bought plugged in just like the factory lights. I had crawled in under a Tacoma with factory installed fog lights to look. I had seen a coiled wire with plug taped under the fender well of my truck This factory installed wiring harness had a plug on the end exactly like the one on the factory installed fog lights on the truck I had looked at. The plug on this "factory wiring kit" plugged into the fog lights I had just installed. My next search was for a factory switch. I ordered one from eBay ($18.95) and when it arrived I found it was for a older model truck. I went to my local dealer and ask if a stock switch was available for the fog lights. He told me no but after I insisted he looked at his Tacoma parts list he found one and I ask for the stock number. The Toyota stock number is 84160 04010, my local dealer sells this switch for $54.95. I looked on line and found a on line listing for Toyota Parts. Address is http://www.toyota-parts-dealer.com/ I plugged in the part number and found the switch available for $35.48 plus approximately $10. No sales tax since it is coming from Virginia to Tennessee. Total time for installing the fog lights was about 10 -15 minutes. I removed one of the blanks on the dash and the wiring is there for the switch I ordered. When it arrived it took me longer to remove the plug from the dash than it did to install the switch. Total time involved was about 30 mintes.
Do you happen to remember what lights you ended up with? I got some in the mail but I'm not crazy about them.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #4
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
Be sure to check for the wiring before you do this. Most of the Tacomas do not come with the wiring harness in place to just drop in the fogs.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:47 PM   #5
08beachtoy is on a distinguished road

08beachtoy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 08beachtoy
Thumbs up

I just installed oem fog lights today on my 08 reg cab . I bought them from toyotapart.com(Metro Toyota kalamazoo , Mi they were expensive but pretty much everything was oem with the exception of the fuse holders and the bosch style relay I used my own waterproof fuse holders and had to supply my own wire. It was a pretty easy job to do I took my time did it 100% Looks great the lights definately help light things up a bit more and the truck looks better with em in there instead of those blanks the truck came with
Old 03-04-2008, 12:06 AM   #6
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
I didn't put fog lights, just changed out the bulb to the JDM yellow's and I'm very happy with them.

Gets noticed too.