Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Vibrating Mirrors

Old 09-01-2008, 12:04 AM   #21
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Mine vibrate because my music is WAY too loud.
I have the original suck ass radio, so I know that isn't the problem. All my other vehicles have had better radios. I would much rather crank up some pantera, metallica, ministry & have the mirrors rattle. But that isn't the problem.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:42 AM   #22
Mine's the silver one...
SilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the roughSilverMac is a jewel in the rough

SilverMac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
You will need a star screw driver also called : TORX, the size is T25 for the mirror. I have a set that came with my Craftsman screwdriver set.

I have to tighten mine every couple of months.
Great info... thanks. My driver side has done this since I bought it new 11 months ago...
Old 09-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #25
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yes T25. I will post pics tommorrow, on where the screws are to tighten. Or if you look under the mirror. There is a piece of plastic that needs to be pryed out with a small screw driver. There will be 2 screws under there. On mine that was what needed tightening.
Old 09-23-2008, 03:53 AM   #26
Born in the Backwoods
kris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkris77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kris77's Tacoma Gallery
Is that screw for tightening up the "ENTIRE" mirror? Only the glass in my mirror vibrates...Drivers side worse than passenger side.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #27
Lord of Tomfoolery

Screws tighten up the whole mirror. As for the glass, it might be the clips holding it in that are broken.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:11 AM   #29
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
I was wondering about that... mine's done it since 12 miles on the ODO... I just kinda got used to it quick and forgot about it... I'll deff have to tighten it down. I might even look into just replacing those damn torx with some allan's. Whoever invented torx needs to be pushed against a wall and shot.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:27 AM   #30
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
I was wondering about that... mine's done it since 12 miles on the ODO... I just kinda got used to it quick and forgot about it... I'll deff have to tighten it down. I might even look into just replacing those damn torx with some allan's. Whoever invented torx needs to be pushed against a wall and shot.
I'll help you push the inventor off a cliff.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:29 AM   #31
Lord of Tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey05Taco View Post
i only have that problem when i put my bass all the way up.
When I was your age, my car stereo could vibrate your insides.

And that was without a big thumping subwoofer like they have today.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:43 AM   #32
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
mine tend to vibrate whenever i turn the radio up...
:ssshhhh: