Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Best mod for 300$

Old 11-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
TACOMANATOR
TRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
TRDBandit's Tacoma Gallery
Best mod for 300$

Just got the Tacoma yesterday.

Its bone stock. What would be the best mods at 300$ and under.

Lift it? How much does a baisic one cost? say 2"

Cold air intake? If so, witch do you prefer?

Tinted windows?

Exhaust? Witch do you prefer?

Any other good mods out there?

I plan on getting tires with my tax money in Jan.
Painting my wheels black.
And may be adding a lift.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #2
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
For performance go with the URD TCAI with the MAF Cal. It gives you the most horsepower for value.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
i would look into some sliders. can find some good ones for a little over your price but at like 350 or so.
and i've heard some good stuff about the TRD air intake
Old 11-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #4
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Bilstein 5100s
Old 11-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #5
TACOMANATOR
TRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDBandit is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by solus694 View Post
Bilstein 5100s
How much?

And all it takes is shocks to lift the taco?

How much does it lift it?
Old 11-21-2010, 12:35 PM   #6
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Bilstein 5100s
x2! FTW
Old 11-21-2010, 12:43 PM   #7
The One The Only
rhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhion82 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mitchell
rhion82's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDBandit View Post
How much?

If I'm not mistaken you will need something in the rear like AAL. don't take my word for it though I'm still researching this stuff for my own lift.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
HOME!!!
solus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shedsolus is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: LT, USN
Name: Mark
solus's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDBandit View Post
How much?

the shocks are adjustable and can be adjustable from .85, 1.75, 2.5"

uses stock front springs... you'll need something to lift that back either AAL or block... but at 1.75" up front the truck is level
Old 11-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #9
kite will become famous soon enough

kite's Tacoma Gallery
Remember, you will need an alignment if you lift your truck.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:49 PM   #10
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery
^^^

5100's for the front will run about 180 to 200 depending on where ya buy them.

If you dont do the install some places my charge 300 to install them and align the truck.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:50 PM   #11
TACOMANATOR

Quote:
the shocks are adjustable and can be adjustable from .85, 1.75, 2.5"

uses stock front springs... you'll need something to lift that back either AAL or block... but at 1.75" up front the truck is level
Sounds like a good plan.

I just looked and I have Reflex shocks and struts on there now. Those any good?
Old 11-21-2010, 01:19 PM   #12
Resident T100 guy
97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed97T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Melt
97T's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 97T
tint or exhaust
Old 11-21-2010, 01:36 PM   #13
Taco Rookie
lepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud of

Name: Frank
lepedog23's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to lepedog23
get the bilstein 5100s front and rear from downsouthmotorsports, they are a vendor here i think u get front and rear for $307.xx shipped with the tacomaworld discount.... im going to order this as i have little money and cant afford kings/fox coilovers
Old 11-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #14
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
retrofit kit haha. or 5100s
Old 11-21-2010, 02:03 PM   #15
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
If I were you I would either get a aFe Pro dry 2 filter $60, tint, a muffler no more than $130 installed not a full blown cat back, Floor mats front and rear I paid $110 for my husky liners, GPS maybe, the 5100s, your gonna pay more than $300 after installed unless you install them your self, but like I said before If I was you I would couninue to save and get a better lift like a ome lift.
Old 11-21-2010, 02:04 PM   #16
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kite View Post
Remember, you will need an alignment if you lift your truck.
x2 I forgot about that.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:49 PM   #17
TACOMANATOR

Gonna get the Intake!!!!

It sounds amazing.

Where do you guys order your parts from?
Old 11-21-2010, 05:25 PM   #18
TACOMANATOR

Anyone?
Old 11-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #19
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
for 5100s Downsouth Motorsports is a vendor on TW and he has great prices on bilsteins for us
Old 11-21-2010, 05:36 PM   #20
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
If i were you i would either
1) save till you have enough for Wet Okoles or save even longer for a lift
2) buy some weathertecs digifit floormats and maybe an afe air filter

I would probably go with option 2 if thats your budget because a lift and tires is gunna cost a couple grand so that might be a while