Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Banks Monter Exhaust

Old 12-07-2010, 11:34 AM   #21
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by memario1214 View Post
Short tube headers are the only legal ones in cali. You will notice it I am sure, though you'll still have the restriction of the front cats. To my defense about the the whole low end loss thing... Check out some dyno sheets. You will see losses down low and bigger gains up top... That's just the nature of opening up an exhaust system. Trust me, mine is wide open haha. And you may have power in different places, that I don't know.
are you straight piped or something?
Old 12-07-2010, 11:38 AM   #22
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
acdronin's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Short tube headers are the only legal ones in cali. You will notice it I am sure, though you'll still have the restriction of the front cats. To my defense about the the whole low end loss thing... Check out some dyno sheets. You will see losses down low and bigger gains up top... That's just the nature of opening up an exhaust system. Trust me, mine is wide open haha. And you may have power in different places, that I don't know.
Shorties? OK, thanks, ur right about the cats, it looks like aftermarket cats are really freakin expensive. but hey, it's an addiction right? my bad on the rpm gear thing yes u other guys r right. but i DO notice the difference.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #23
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by acdronin View Post
Shorties? OK, thanks, ur right about the cats, it looks like aftermarket cats are really freakin expensive. but hey, it's an addiction right? my bad on the rpm gear thing yes u other guys r right. but i DO notice the difference.
why cant ypu have long tubes?
Old 12-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #24
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Aftermarket cats won't do anything anyway. Most people think they give awesome power but that only happens when they replace a clogged up cat with a new one.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:51 AM   #25
Banned
acdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shedacdronin is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Aftermarket cats won't do anything anyway. Most people think they give awesome power but that only happens when they replace a clogged up cat with a new one.
that sounds reasonable, so shorty headers into the stock cats would be about the best i'm gonna get i guess. any thought on remapping?
Old 12-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #26
Vivid Illumination
memario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmemario1214 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colton
memario1214's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
are you straight piped or something?
Nah, I have the TRD CAI, and I have my rear cats removed. I have an aero turbine 2525 just to tame it a bit.

Quote:
why cant you have long tubes?
He can't have them due to emissions standards in California.

Quote:
that sounds reasonable, so shorty headers into the stock cats would be about the best i'm gonna get i guess. any thought on remapping?
Remapping what, your ignition timing and such? I don't think you would benefit much from a full remap until you go SC or TurboC, but URDs MAF calibrator would probably help you out a lot.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:21 PM   #27
Quote:
Nah, I have the TRD CAI, and I have my rear cats removed. I have an aero turbine 2525 just to tame it a bit.

He can't have them due to emissions standards in California.

Remapping what, your ignition timing and such? I don't think you would benefit much from a full remap until you go SC or TurboC, but URDs MAF calibrator would probably help you out a lot.
oh yeah i remember we were talking about how to tame my rhasp.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:23 PM   #28
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
You can do shoties without a tune but the tune will get max power out of them and other mods. If I go through with more performance mods I would go for longs tubes and just change them back to stock when smog times rolls around which isn't 2016 for me. I think I'm just going to buy a car that will actually go fast with mods instead of trying to make my truck fast.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #29
Quote:
You can do shoties without a tune but the tune will get max power out of them and other mods. If I go through with more performance mods I would go for longs tubes and just change them back to stock when smog times rolls around which isn't 2016 for me. I think I'm just going to buy a car that will actually go fast with mods instead of trying to make my truck fast.
yamaha r1 ftmfw!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 12:26 PM   #30
Banned
Quote:
yamaha r1 ftmfw!!!
Nah. 4 wheels for me. I'm looking at a MR2 turbo or fox body Mustang. Crotch rockets are kinda lame IMO.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:27 PM   #31
Quote:
Nah. 4 wheels for me. I'm looking at a MR2 turbo or fox body Mustang. Crotch rockets are kinda lame IMO.
lol a bike is an amazing machine, i like fox bodies.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #32
Banned
Quote:
lol a bike is an amazing machine, i like fox bodies.
I'd ride a cruiser, enduro, supermoto and an upright sport bike but not a lay on the tank crotch rocket. I learned on a 03 GSXR 750 with programmer, slip on and intake. It was hella fast but it just isn't my thing.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #33
Quote:
I'd ride a cruiser, enduro, supermoto and an upright sport bike but not a lay on the tank crotch rocket. I learned on a 03 GSXR 750 with programmer, slip on and intake. It was hella fast but it just isn't my thing.
true, not comfortable at all.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #34
Banned
Quote:
well fast is all nice and good, but with a truck and a high center of gravity top end speed is great unless u have to turn suddenly. i'm looking to get the most availible power out of the motor for a good power to weight ratio, no easy task when my truck weighs in at 5000 lbs. i'm not going to do 100 mph in this thing, my insurance is punishing enuff as it is!
Old 12-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #35
thinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedthinkingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thinkingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I just got done hanging a banks 3 inch cat back monster exhaust about a week ago along with a K&N cold air intake. As far as install, you'd be a dope to pay someone to do this for you, it wasn't that hard, i put the right side of the truck up on ramps front and back. as for the power, yep, it's there i can go the same speeds but with lower RPMS (25 MPH @ 1100 RPMS, 65 MPH @ 1950 RPMs on flat land, no load no headwind), sound, well, you're never gonna think it's a V8, the tone is too reedy for that, has a nice low drone at idle, at freeway speed, yeah i can hear it, but ain't that the point (partly)? At full throttle it makes the whole truck vibrate. Personally, i don't mind hearing it at speed, besides i usually have the stereo turned up too loud to hear it anyways.

url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/121221/cat/500][/url]
There should be a sticky for TACOMA WORLD MISINFORMATION HALL OF FAME
Old 12-07-2010, 01:31 PM   #36
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingman View Post
There should be a sticky for TACOMA WORLD MISINFORMATION HALL OF FAME
Haha, so i got a few things wrong....so sue me
Old 08-11-2011, 11:32 AM   #37
FREEDOMRIDING.COM
freedomriding has a brilliant futurefreedomriding has a brilliant futurefreedomriding has a brilliant futurefreedomriding has a brilliant futurefreedomriding has a brilliant futurefreedomriding has a brilliant futurefreedomriding has a brilliant futurefreedomriding has a brilliant futurefreedomriding has a brilliant futurefreedomriding has a brilliant futurefreedomriding has a brilliant future

Navy: Deep Sea Diver
Name: Freedom Riding Co.
freedomriding's Tacoma Gallery
Banks is bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy.allen View Post
I've had it installed on my '07 for almost two years now. I like it but there is quite a bit of interior drone at highway speeds. There was someone on here who had a post where their banks muffler came apart from weak welds and I'm sure corrosion was a contributing factor. Overall, I am satisfied, but if you already have a magnaflow, I wouldn't spend the money on a new system.
I have a Banks that was barely used when I bought my Taco two years ago. It's rattled since day one because of internal weld issues. Called Banks about it, said they won't warranty it because I'm not the original purchaser. Sounds good when I floor it but sitting at idle, it rattles like a tin can