Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Volant Cold Air-Intake & Snorkel - 09 Taco...

Old 08-05-2008, 02:51 PM   #1
Really Nice Guy...
JFScheck is on a distinguished road

Navy: Avionics Technician - 12 years - Last Command Blue Angels (over 12 years ago...)
JFScheck's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JFScheck
Cool Volant Cold Air-Intake & Snorkel - 09 Taco...

Did do a search and didn't find what I was looking for so I thought I would start with my first post.

Looking at an '09 and immediately placing a Volant Cold Air intake and snorkel - wanted to see opinions (waste of money, more horsies, perhaps better mph or product)...

In theory is sounds good - but if so then why didn't Toyota do it themselves?
Old 08-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #2
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
I have a volant CAI on my 07. It adds a small rumble when you start up but over not to much difference, when you really punch it though it sounds awesome. I actually miss the sound it made but i like my flowmaster 40 to much.

As far as MPG i saw i slight gain nothing to write home about but it definitely didnt hurt any either.

If i had to buy again i would but i would also check up on the True flow xdi i know some guys have them and they really like them.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:00 PM   #3
Zebra is on a distinguished road

Zebra's Tacoma Gallery
i've got the volant CAI and ram air scoop on my 08 4-banger i got about 1 mpg extra it adds a nice rumble. pics in my gallery of my setup
Old 08-05-2008, 05:35 PM   #4
Really Nice Guy...
JFScheck is on a distinguished road

Navy: Avionics Technician - 12 years - Last Command Blue Angels (over 12 years ago...)
JFScheck's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to JFScheck
Thanks guys - great feedback!!!