1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Washington Snow****

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by TRDsport253, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Nov 22, 2010 at 2:13 PM
    Perfetto Tacoma

Perfetto Tacoma Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4X4 Sport Long Bed
    Leveling kit, K&N intake, TRD Exhaust, Factory Skid Plate, Westin Bull-bar and Nerf-bars, Leather, Moonroof, Leer tonnaeu cover, 6000K HIDs/smoked taillights, NAV/backup camera, badges removed.
    I absolutly love having a 4X4! When it came to the difference in price... One time paid for itself. It is fun driving in the snow, but not so fun avoiding people who don't know how to.

2. Nov 22, 2010 at 2:16 PM
    TRDsport253

TRDsport253 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Edgewood, Wa
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD sport 4x4
    TRD Wheels TRD Skid plate
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    It was alot worst earlier but there's more to come.

3. Nov 22, 2010 at 2:19 PM
    Hugebergen

Hugebergen Crash and burn live and learn

Member:
    Saskatoon Sask
    3"Toytec ULK, box mat, angle brackets in box corners for tie downs, anytime fog lights, bhlm, black grill and lip, trimed front flaps, 7089 procomp rims with 285/75/16 Toyo M/T tires, black badges with trd badges added,anytime foglights, lamin-x yellow fogs, illuminated 4x4 switch, colour match satoshi, Camburg ball joint UCAS.
    I would think you want the bags close to the back to get weight over the rear tires.

4. Nov 22, 2010 at 2:19 PM
    cactuscorn

cactuscorn Another FNG

Member:
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement TRD OR AT DCLB w/JBL Premium Package
    Ironman Stage 2 FCP 3" lift kit, Ironman skid plate kit, C4 Fab Hybrid front bumper and frame supports, C4 Fab sliders, Smittybuilt X2O 10k lb winch, Diode Dynamics Pro fogs, Baja Designs Sport fogs, Falken Rubitrek AT's, Midland Micro MXT275 GMRS radio, Victory 4x4 hood hinge antenna mount, ARE MX shell, 12 Volt Solutions remote starter w/ phone app module, Overland Equipped aux power tray/Blue Sea 12 circut ST blade fuse block w/ 187 series 100a circut breaker, OEM bedmat and floor mats, Hooke Road tailgate cover, JDM ASTAR 800 lumen LED reverse bulbs, iOttie wireless phone charger, blue LED dome light, back seat dog bed and rear seat12v/USB ports, Ironman diff breather, ac drain mod,, tons of rad recovery equipment and every cubbyhole filled with crap. On order: Method MR 316 wheels and 285/70R/17 BFG KO2's.
    yeppers! thats the ticket right there. in the front corners, thers not enough axle weight to help as much as ya like. in the back corners, it can make the damn thing bounce which can get even more ineresting. i used bags of salt in the midwest and that got me through some nasty days. plus ya can toss em on the driveway and sidewalk as needed so yer not stuck with 2-400lbs of sand come spring thaw.

never did it in the taco and i hope i never need to but if i did, id consider runnin a tie down through the bag handles and hookin on the cleats positioned over each wheel well. those salt bags are super tough so im about sure they will hold long term. i also knew a few guys who built a hold outta 2x4's. 2 longs in front and back of the wells, 3-4 shorts connectin them inbetween. worked well

5. Nov 22, 2010 at 2:22 PM
    cactuscorn

cactuscorn Another FNG

Member:
    Rapid City, South Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2019 Cement TRD OR AT DCLB w/JBL Premium Package
    Ironman Stage 2 FCP 3" lift kit, Ironman skid plate kit, C4 Fab Hybrid front bumper and frame supports, C4 Fab sliders, Smittybuilt X2O 10k lb winch, Diode Dynamics Pro fogs, Baja Designs Sport fogs, Falken Rubitrek AT's, Midland Micro MXT275 GMRS radio, Victory 4x4 hood hinge antenna mount, ARE MX shell, 12 Volt Solutions remote starter w/ phone app module, Overland Equipped aux power tray/Blue Sea 12 circut ST blade fuse block w/ 187 series 100a circut breaker, OEM bedmat and floor mats, Hooke Road tailgate cover, JDM ASTAR 800 lumen LED reverse bulbs, iOttie wireless phone charger, blue LED dome light, back seat dog bed and rear seat12v/USB ports, Ironman diff breather, ac drain mod,, tons of rad recovery equipment and every cubbyhole filled with crap. On order: Method MR 316 wheels and 285/70R/17 BFG KO2's.
    for those of you with shorties, forget what i said there.

6. Nov 22, 2010 at 2:24 PM
    Perfetto Tacoma

Perfetto Tacoma Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    TRD 4X4 Sport Long Bed
    Leveling kit, K&N intake, TRD Exhaust, Factory Skid Plate, Westin Bull-bar and Nerf-bars, Leather, Moonroof, Leer tonnaeu cover, 6000K HIDs/smoked taillights, NAV/backup camera, badges removed.
    BF Goodrich AT tires are the ticket too. Awesome traction and quiet too.

7. Nov 22, 2010 at 2:29 PM
    Jester243

Jester243 all I wanted was a god dang picture of a hotdog...

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    2016 Trail Premium 4Runner w/ KDSS
    some of this, a little of that
    we got about 2" overnight and they are calling for another 4-6" by tomorrow night :D

[​IMG]

8. Nov 22, 2010 at 2:32 PM
    Koov

Koov Well-Known Member

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    2019 DCLB TRDOR
    520 sucked bad this morning. I go from Renton to Seattle, but at least I got out at noon:) My prerunner did just fine in the snow today. Michelin MS2's! I hope we get more snow!

9. Nov 22, 2010 at 2:32 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    Tie them down, if you get into a wreck those frozen bags of sand can become missiles.
    Don't even think about commuting tomorrow, the roads are going to be a parking lot when all that water on the roads freezes tonight.

10. Nov 22, 2010 at 2:35 PM
    TacoKid5

TacoKid5 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cody
    Ellensburg, WA
    Vehicle:
    White '06 4x4 V6 Double Cab
    Leer Tonneau Cover (Sometimes), Window Tint, Weathertech Floormats, 3" Tuff Country AAL Lift, MBRP Dual Exhaust, Pioneer 3200DVD, 17x9 KMC XD Series Spy's, Falken Wild Peak 265/70/17, AFE Pro-Dry S Filter, Debadged/Blacked out, Blacked Out Billet Grille, White Door Handles, Sock Monkey Decal, White Grille Surround
    Gotta love the Washington snow :)
    [​IMG]

11. Nov 22, 2010 at 2:45 PM
    Jester243

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    Just a little heads up for the eastern side of what is on the way, stay safe guys :thumbsup::

Blizzard Warning for Spokane Area, WA

from 7 pm PST, Mon., Nov. 22, 2010 until 10 am PST, Tue., Nov. 23, 2010

Issued by The National Weather Service
    Spokane, WA
    2:16 pm PST, Mon., Nov. 22, 2010
    ... BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM PST TUESDAY...
    A BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 10 AM PST TUESDAY.
    * SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: ADDITIONAL 3 TO 6 INCHES IN THE VALLEYS AND BASIN WITH 6 TO 10 INCHES IN THE MOUNTAINS.
    * ELEVATION: ALL ELEVATIONS WILL BE AFFECTED BY THE SNOW AND WIND.
    * TIMING: SNOW WILL REDEVELOP THIS AFTERNOON... INTENSIFYING AND BECOME HEAVIER TONIGHT INTO TUESDAY MORNING. WIND WILL INCREASE SIGNIFICANTLY BECOMING BLUSTERY NEAR 7 PM THIS EVENING.
    * LOCATIONS INCLUDE: MOSCOW... PLUMMER... POTLATCH... GENESEE... COEUR D'ALENE... POST FALLS... HAYDEN... WORLEY... PULLMAN... COLFAX... ROSALIA... LA CROSSE... OAKESDALE... TEKOA... UNIONTOWN
    * WINDS: NORTH 20 TO 25 MPH AND GUSTY AFTER 7 PM THIS EVENING.
    * IMPACTS: WIDESPREAD SNOW AND STRONG WINDS WILL LEAD TO POOR VISIBILITIES AT TIMES WITH AREAS OF BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. SOME ROADS IN WIND EXPOSED AREAS MAY BE CLOSED TONIGHT DUE TO DRIFTING SNOW.
    * WIND CHILL: READINGS WILL DROP BELOW ZERO THIS EVENING AND REACH VALUES OF -10 TO -20 LATE TONIGHT AND TUESDAY MORNING.
    PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
    A BLIZZARD WARNING MEANS SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. FALLING AND BLOWING SNOW WITH STRONG WINDS AND POOR VISIBILITIES ARE LIKELY. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL... HAVE A WINTER SURVIVAL KIT WITH YOU. IF YOU GET STRANDED... STAY WITH YOUR VEHICLE.
    &&
    More Information

... SNOW... BRISK WIND... AND COLD TEMPS TO HAVE A BIG IMPACT ON THE REGION TONIGHT INTO TOMORROW PRODUCING BLIZZARD CONDITIONS...
    .DANGEROUS WEATHER CONDITIONS WILL OCCUR TONIGHT AND TUESDAY MORNING. A VERY STRONG WINTER STORM WILL MOVE THROUGH THE REGION. SNOW WILL BE HEAVIEST SOUTH OF INTERSTATE 90. LITTLE OR NO SNOW IS EXPECTED ALONG THE CANADIAN BORDER BUT VERY STRONG WINDS WILL CAUSE DANGEROUS WIND CHILL READINGS. COMMUNITIES FROM THE WATERVILLE PLATEAU... THROUGH THE COLUMBIA BASIN AND INTO THE SPOKANE METRO AREA AND PALOUSE WILL SEE THE COMBINATION OF WIND AND SNOW BRINGING BLIZZARD CONDITIONS

12. Nov 22, 2010 at 2:57 PM
    milw156

milw156 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    P
    Seattle
    My friend in Reno is laughing his ass off that we're making such a big deal of this, but we're not used to this ok?

Peter K
    Redmond, WA
    2011 4x4 DC LB TRD Sport

13. Nov 22, 2010 at 2:59 PM
    Jester243

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Spokane, WA
    Vehicle:
    \
    How much is the Seattle area forcasted to get? I was there a few years back in Mukleteo (sp?) and they got about an inch. It was pretty funny to watch everything over there come to a screetching halt :laugh:

14. Nov 22, 2010 at 3:20 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    haha i def just went drifting around my neigborhood on the fresh snow we just got. sliding out like a champ.

15. Nov 22, 2010 at 3:21 PM
    Thucker

Thucker Well-Known Member

Member:
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2010 Mag. Gray BC LB Sport 4x4
    When I was looking for my Tacoma, I was surprized as hell at the number of Prerunners out there in the Northwest. It snows every freaking winter, if not a lot, atleast a day or two worth. Gotta have a 4x4 up here. Don't get all the great off road trails we have around this corner of the country.

The cold air is suppose to be pushed from you guys down to the Portland area this evening. I'm gonna go home and throw my M/T tires on. I took them off for the gas mileage during the summer months cause I drive a lot. But now it's time to put them on and go play.

16. Nov 22, 2010 at 3:35 PM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
    Seattle is the 2nd hilliest major city in the US
    Seattle gets wet heavy snow that packs down after the first car drives over it.
    The main reason we have so many problems with small amounts of snow is simply because we have people coming from Reno and such places that think it is no big deal :laugh:

17. Nov 22, 2010 at 3:43 PM
    BrettBretterson

BrettBretterson Wild Ginger

Member:
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    5100's
    Everything shuts down over here over an inch of snow because all it takes is 1" on the roads for them to become really bad. I have lived places where it snows WAY more than Seattle and the roads didn't get as bad as they do here with only an inch.

Our snow is usually really wet so it doesn't stick to the road easily, so when it finally does start sticking, it becomes real slick, real quick!

18. Nov 22, 2010 at 4:09 PM
    milw156

milw156 Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    P
    Seattle
    Touche!

19. Nov 22, 2010 at 4:23 PM
    Lost_Humanity

Lost_Humanity Bad decisions make great stories.

Member:
    Seattle
    Vehicle:
    It's a Toyota.
    Bumper Dent Mod
    That, and the streets are f-ing tight around here. Especially in the neighborhoods (i.e. -- on the hills). And once you get east or west of downtown (Issaquah, the Peninsula, etc.) they get worse.

Plus, the city's wonderful "no chemical-based de-icing materials" laws.

But I find it's more the idiots coming up from Cali thinking their Lexus crossover can handle the snow like it's dry pavement. What do you mean, keep momentum? Don't drive 70? What? Wait! Noooo!

20. Nov 22, 2010 at 4:25 PM
    NWtacoma

NWtacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Kent,WA
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport 4x4
    265/70/17 bfg AT
    i have a prerunner too. i live in kent and it looks like a blizzard outside right now. this snow needs to fucking stop NOW. i have to work in woodinville at 5AM tomorrow. I just put about 300lbs of cinder blocks in my bed.

Products Discussed in

To Top