1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Seem to have a vibration coming from the rear end.

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BigMac, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Nov 22, 2010 at 11:54 AM
    BigMac

BigMac [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    So Cal
    Vehicle:
    Standard regular Cab
    Alarm, power door locks, , Cruse control, intermitten wiper upgrade, trailer hitch, XM radio. Chrome rear bumper, Ultra Guage. Alpine Stereo
    I bought this truck 1 year ago and I love it so far except for a strange vibration issue. It's a 2007 reg cab 5 lug. I've had the tires road force balanced and the drive shaft balanced as well. Today I took it to a tire shop and had some new Goodyear Wrangler put on. I told him about the problem and he looked into it for me. He put the truck on the rack and started it up and ran it in gear with the old tires on it and could feel it. Then he took the tires off and did it again with just the drums and it still did it. Next he took the drums off and it still was there. So now it is at the dealer and hopefully it will be fixed under the driveline warranty. Has anyone else had this issue? By the way I love the look of the new wranglers and they do ride nice and quite. I put 235/75/15 and now it looks more like it should.

On another note mine is a 4 speed auto. I noticed I get 3 more miles per gallon when I drive around town with the overdrive off. You might want to give it a try. I only use the over drive when over 60 mph.

Thanks, Dave

Products Discussed in

To Top