Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

FJ Special Edition Anthracite gray wheels let's see'em

Old 11-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #41
scully is just really nicescully is just really nicescully is just really nicescully is just really nice
scully's Tacoma Gallery
My silver taco. Originally wanted the black TRD wheels but way too $$$$. Very happy w/ these and not too common.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #42
vandolizm is a name known to allvandolizm is a name known to allvandolizm is a name known to allvandolizm is a name known to allvandolizm is a name known to allvandolizm is a name known to all

vandolizm's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed my wheels with 265/75/16 Duratracs.

Old 12-06-2010, 05:33 AM   #44
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
I think its safe to say that these anthracites look great on every color Taco in the inventory! Nice work guys!
Old 12-06-2010, 06:36 AM   #45
meafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeafordmike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: RCR( Royal Canadian Regiment) INF
Name: Mike
meafordmike's Tacoma Gallery

Old 12-06-2010, 06:41 AM   #46
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
No red comas?
Old 12-06-2010, 03:42 PM   #48
Future55 is on a distinguished road
Future55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by popstaco View Post
I think it matches perfectly, that's why I got them.

url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/96134/cat/500][/url]
bumping this up for another shot at what size the tires are and what lift?
Old 12-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #49
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I have a question for anyone who has these running 265/75's on stock suspension.. Any rubbing?

I have them waiting in their boxes to be put on once the weather gets a little better and I wasn't sure how bad these would rub. My tires currently have chrome wheels on them , I am not sure of the backspacing (they came on the truck when I got it), but they rarely rub. The FJ wheels don't appear to have the same backspacing. So, do yours rub a lot if you are stock?
Old 12-09-2010, 07:14 AM   #50
vandolizm is a name known to allvandolizm is a name known to allvandolizm is a name known to allvandolizm is a name known to allvandolizm is a name known to allvandolizm is a name known to all

vandolizm's Tacoma Gallery
I'm stock so far and no rubbing.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:12 AM   #51
popstaco is on a distinguished road

popstaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future55 View Post
bumping this up for another shot at what size the tires are and what lift?
Sorry for the late reply! I am currently running with a 3" revtek spacer lift up front(freebie from my son), I will be installing an OME lift in the near future though. Alcan softride leaf pack in the back with a 1- 1/2" spacer(to get rid of the rake). The tires are 285x75xR16 BFG mud terrains.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:47 AM   #52
JanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jan (Pronounced Yan)
JanBoothius's Tacoma Gallery
Where can these wheels be bought nowadays?

Does anyone know how they would cope with 35's?
I don't know much about backspacing/clearance issues, but any advice/tips would be much appreciated.
Thank you!
Old 12-11-2010, 07:26 AM   #53
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanBoothius View Post

I don't know much about backspacing/clearance issues, but any advice/tips would be much appreciated.
Thank you!
Where can they be purchased is a great question. Seems like Toyota has slammed the door shut on selling these for now. They are a TRD special edition wheel for the FJ Cruiser.

As for fitment, I have a 1.5 AAL on the rear and Eibach coils on the front Bilsteins set @ zero, and running 265/75/16's Michelin LTX MS2's with no issues what so ever.
No vibs, shakes, rattles or rolls. Hope this helps.

GL
Old 12-11-2010, 07:52 AM   #54
ycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
ycart1201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanBoothius View Post

Thank you!
I've never seen the FJ SE wheels w/ 35's mounted on them. The person I bought mine from was upgrading his FJ w/ a 6" lift and 35's and he claimed he needed new wheels with the correct offset... so im gonna guess they wont work on our tacos with 35's... If anyone has done it, post pics!!!

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 12-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #55
bgtaco will become famous soon enoughbgtaco will become famous soon enough
Name: Brian
bgtaco's Tacoma Gallery
How do they fit overall? Before I make the plunge, just want to make sure they fit good.

1) Which lug nuts do you use, the original Tacoma ones, or the FJ ones supplied with the wheels?
2) What tire size do you recommend without a lift?
3) I want to recycle the TPMS sensors, how do they program to the new setup? Someone told me that they relearn on their own in the first few miles.
4) This is strictly personal preference, but how do they fit? I am after a factory fit where the wheels are in the wells or at the very most smooth with side of the vehicle. The pictures appear to reflect and answer my question. However, can someone please confirm this? I.E., I do not want the setup to poke or stick out.

Thank you in advance!

Brian
Old 12-12-2010, 05:18 PM   #56
andercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedandercal000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Calvin
andercal000's Tacoma Gallery
i searched but where can i buy that fj wheels?? I reallllyy want it sooo bad! looking sickkk!
Old 12-12-2010, 05:47 PM   #57
ycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedycart1201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtaco View Post
How do they fit overall? Before I make the plunge, just want to make sure they fit good.

1) Which lug nuts do you use, the original Tacoma ones, or the FJ ones supplied with the wheels?
2) What tire size do you recommend without a lift?
3) I want to recycle the TPMS sensors, how do they program to the new setup? Someone told me that they relearn on their own in the first few miles.
4) This is strictly personal preference, but how do they fit? I am after a factory fit where the wheels are in the wells or at the very most smooth with side of the vehicle. The pictures appear to reflect and answer my question. However, can someone please confirm this? I.E., I do not want the setup to poke or stick out.

Thank you in advance!

Brian
1. original Tacoma ones & gorilla locking lugs.
2. 265/70-16
3.They relearn, no programming needed.
4. mine don't stick out, flush with fenders. see front wheel in this pic (im not close enough to the truck to for the back tire to look correct):

Hope that helps.

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 12-12-2010, 05:50 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by andercal000 View Post
i searched but where can i buy that fj wheels?? I reallllyy want it sooo bad! looking sickkk!
You can get the silver FJ rim just about anywhere (ebay, toyota dealer, etc). You'll have an extremely hard time finding the gunmetal or matte black FJ rims.

Nathan
ycart1201
Old 12-12-2010, 08:22 PM   #59
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycart1201 View Post
1. original Tacoma ones & gorilla locking lugs.
2. 265/70-16
3.They relearn, no programming needed.
4. mine don't stick out, flush with fenders. see front wheel in this pic (im not close enough to the truck to for the back tire to look correct):

Hope that helps.

Nathan
ycart1201
Thanks for posting this picture! I was a little unsure about how far mine would be recessed.. I want them to be flush with the fender, your truck is the exact look I am going for. I can't wait for spring so I can put them on...
Old 12-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #60
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, the FJ TRD wheels stick out farther. Don't quote me but I believe the FJ wheels are 4.5 backspace and the Tacoma wheels are 4.75