Notices

outside air temp and compass don't work

Old 11-23-2010, 05:04 AM   #1
stevecrabtree is on a distinguished road
Army: MP
Name: Steve
stevecrabtree's Tacoma Gallery
outside air temp and compass don't work

I just bought this 07 TRD Sport and after reading the owners manual I realized that the display for my outside air temp. and compass was not working. Everything else works fine, I looked at the fuse panel and couldn't see anything marked for this display and didn't see any blown fuses. Has anybody had this problem or know how to fix it without going to the dealer?
Old 11-23-2010, 05:12 AM   #2
The "Search" tab is your friend!!
steviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteviestyles is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
steviestyles's Tacoma Gallery
This is a well documented problem for the 2nd Gen Tacoma and has been covered many times on this forum. There's a search function on top where you can find many answers to questions about our trucks. If you have soldering skills, it's a simple fix. Use the link to see the fix action.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-temp-fix.html

BTW welcome to TacomaWorld.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:33 AM   #3
stevecrabtree is on a distinguished road
Army: MP
stevecrabtree's Tacoma Gallery
awsome, I knew someone would know the problem, I took mine apart soldered the bad spot put it back together and presto it worked. Thanks a bunch
Old 12-31-2010, 09:37 PM   #4
seanmccarthy1 is on a distinguished road
seanmccarthy1's Tacoma Gallery
gonna try this fix let you know how it works. The blower resisitor suggestion on other thread fantastic great site.......