Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Outside temp gauge

Old 08-05-2008, 08:27 PM   #1
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
Outside temp gauge

Heres a question i'm sure has been answered a billion times.. If you dont have the stock outside temp gauge, is there an easy way of installing it? I asked the parts guy at toyota and he said you cant because its a totally different wiring harness.. anyway i'm sure the part is a million dollars.. Any thoughts?
Old 08-05-2008, 08:33 PM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Why dont you buy an aftermarket one? They're pretty cheap, and you can probably pick one up at any Autoparts store...
Old 08-05-2008, 08:49 PM   #3
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycumulus View Post
Heres a question i'm sure has been answered a billion times.. If you dont have the stock outside temp gauge, is there an easy way of installing it? I asked the parts guy at toyota and he said you cant because its a totally different wiring harness.. anyway i'm sure the part is a million dollars.. Any thoughts?
The overhead module that replaces the garage door slot, costs about $800 USD. You have to buy the whole overhead console if you are going through a dealer. But if you find a used standalone unit, it should plug right up.

BUT...you need to make sure you have a temperature sensor too.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:01 PM   #4
mainerinexile is on a distinguished road
mainerinexile's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by unholycumulus View Post
Here is my $10 mod for outside temperature:
Walmart sells a small wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer that has a battery operated outdoor sensor. I taped the sensor in the black plastic section of the bumper assembly that is shaped like a cup. It is right in front of the front tire (I know, this post is useless without pics, but it is dark out!).

Presto, I get both inside and outside temps for cheap. It has worked flawlessly for three months and 2,000 miles.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:11 PM   #5
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Outside air temp

Roll down the window. Damn it is hot! Roll it up & turn on the air. LOL
Old 08-06-2008, 05:22 AM   #6
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
Roll down the window. Damn it is hot! Roll it up & turn on the air. LOL
Haahaha thanks for making me laugh this morning! I have that temp in my overhead but hardly ever look at it. You and I have the same type of temp guage.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:52 AM   #7
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainerinexile View Post
Walmart sells a small wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer that has a battery operated outdoor sensor.
Sure wish I could find one there! All my WallyWorld carries is units that have both the temp and the time. The stereo has a clock, the truck has a clock, and trying to sync up a third one is something I don't wanna do!
Old 08-06-2008, 07:02 AM   #8
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainerinexile View Post
Walmart sells a small wireless indoor/outdoor thermometer that has a battery operated outdoor sensor. I taped the sensor in the black plastic section of the bumper assembly that is shaped like a cup. It is right in front of the front tire (I know, this post is useless without pics, but it is dark out!).

Presto, I get both inside and outside temps for cheap. It has worked flawlessly for three months and 2,000 miles.
PICs??
Old 08-06-2008, 07:24 AM   #9
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
Sure wish I could find one there! All my WallyWorld carries is units that have both the temp and the time. The stereo has a clock, the truck has a clock, and trying to sync up a third one is something I don't wanna do!
Radio Shack!
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family
Old 08-06-2008, 08:31 AM   #10
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post

There's a RS on the way home, time for a visit. You da man!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:47 AM   #11
needs to stop cruising Buy/Sell/Trade....
jefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shedjefferson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sex Panther
jefferson's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jefferson
haha i had one of these long ago. I just liked the stock look. Like i said, thought it was going to be a HUGE amount of money for the item itself. I just feel like that space is wasted, so why not put something somewhat useful in it!
Old 09-11-2008, 03:53 PM   #12
East Bound and Down

If anyone was wondering where the thermostat for the outside temp gauge was located i found it in the middle of my BHLM. the right arrow is the horn and the left arrow is the temp sensor.
[IMG][/IMG]
sorry about the bad pic it was my cell
Old 09-12-2008, 01:00 PM   #14
red06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to behold

red06toy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
The overhead module that replaces the garage door slot, costs about $800 USD. You have to buy the whole overhead console if you are going through a dealer. But if you find a used standalone unit, it should plug right up.

BUT...you need to make sure you have a temperature sensor too.
Wow! you got quoted a good price! they quoted me at just over $1200.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:07 PM   #15

death-dealing WOOS-TAH dealers...head north of the border, no state tax and less of an anal raping on prices
Old 09-13-2008, 05:30 PM   #16
Sideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really niceSideways is just really nice

Sideways's Tacoma Gallery
Just an FYI - I have one for sale, if anyone is interested.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...s-console.html
Old 09-13-2008, 07:30 PM   #17
red06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to beholdred06toy is a splendid one to behold

red06toy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
death-dealing WOOS-TAH dealers...head north of the border, no state tax and less of an anal raping on prices
Haha yeah the accents are brutal here, I actually do pronounce R's!
I didnt have to buy one, I re-soldered the resistors.