Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Good deal on TRD Catback exhaust?

Old 11-23-2010, 03:24 PM   #1
Chronism has a spectacular aura aboutChronism has a spectacular aura aboutChronism has a spectacular aura about

Name: Michael
Chronism's Tacoma Gallery
Good deal on TRD Catback exhaust?

So I had been thinking about a TRD Catback exhaust and today my dealership parts guy made me an offer...

They had sold and installed one for a customer a couple of months ago. When the buyer came to pick up his truck, he was not happy with it and had them take it back off. It had a small ding/flat spot on the tip at the opening. It had been sitting in their parts room for a couple of months.

When the parts guy showed it to me, I didn't notice it at first until he pointed it out. It's one of those thing that would only be noticable by anyone who already knows it is there. Besides, it's gonna get dinged up more anyway, right?

So the offer was $200 and the remainder of the year warranty which is 10 months.

I know a picture is worth a thousands words, but I forgot to snap one...

What do you think? Any issue with it sitting around a couple of months after being on the truck just long enough to move it around from the shop to the lot and back?

Also, as for comparison, they let me listen to an X-Runner with the Catback. Will it be an identical sound on my TRD OR?

Thanks
Old 11-23-2010, 03:32 PM   #2
tom
blue02r1 is on a distinguished road
Name: tom
blue02r1's Tacoma Gallery
Smile

as long as it was the same motor it will sound the same . i love the sound of mine on my 4.0
Old 11-23-2010, 03:43 PM   #3
ekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of light

ekard's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like an awesome deal to me. Cheapest you'll ever find it for new is around $350 or so. Couple months of sitting shouldn't be anything to worry about.
Old 11-23-2010, 05:30 PM   #4
Chronism has a spectacular aura aboutChronism has a spectacular aura aboutChronism has a spectacular aura about

Name: Michael
Chronism's Tacoma Gallery
It should have been the 4.0. Only thing I'm not sure of is whether the X-Runner's come with CAI? Would that have made a difference?

So I guess a little dent is worth $150+ off then, especially after a few months it ain't gonna look brand new anyways...