Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

My temporary exhaust cutout idea

Old 11-23-2010, 09:52 PM   #1
BarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant future

BarefootBandit's Tacoma Gallery
My temporary exhaust cutout idea

I have an idea for a exhaust cutout for my truck.

I purchased the cutout alone. No electric valve. In the future I will buy the valve, but I have some college bills to pay... so the valve will be sometime during next summer.

In the mean time, could I just buy an extra cap, and drill a massive hole in it?

I'm wondering... would it whistle? would I get brain damage from the fumes?

I would like to have the opening facing the drivers side. Is this unsafe?

Would having a cap with a hole in it cause any flow issues?
Old 11-23-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
BarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant futureBarefootBandit has a brilliant future

So its not possible to drill a hole in the cap just to let out a little sound?

I was hoping to have the muffler and cutout work at the same time. The Aero Turbine sounds good but I also want some slight straight pipe sound.

This is not doable?

And yes I think I would have a lake pipe from the cutout go back toward the bed of the truck. Or just put the cutout further back in the first place.

If I had the cutout right before the bend over the axle... would that length of pipe add some back pressure?
Old 11-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
It would probably sound like a bad exhaust leak and maybe even whistle. Also depending where you put the cutout you can possibly lose low end torque.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:29 PM   #4

What if the cutout had a pipe connected to it that goes about 3 feet back toward the bed? would that create the back pressure needed? As shown in red

Old 11-23-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Bad idea IMO, you want it to go after the muffler not before it.