Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Questions from a Newbie

Old 11-24-2010, 03:08 PM   #1
First Tacoma 11/26/10
Texas Dolphin is on a distinguished road
Texas Dolphin's Tacoma Gallery
Security & Step installation Questions from a Newbie

I fly out bright and early Friday morning to pick up my new '11 Super White T/X Pro...with the TRD Off-road extra value package with JBL, and tow package for 31,800 after an additional 500.00 rebate from the dealership....I think it was a good deal after calling numerous dealerships around the country and negotiating for a truck....

After a 600 mile drive home and first thing Saturday morning, I am putting a set of BFG KO's A/T TA's 265/75/R16's on it. Hope to have some photos up that afternoon...

Now to my questions:

1. Related to the theft of the tailgate, anyone on the board use the Pop and Lock? If so does it interfere with the back up camera at all? How do you like it?

2. Toyota Security System: Anyone have it on their truck and how does it work for you? Satisfied? Can it be purchased after the fact or do you recommend another system?

3. I like the look of the Predator steps, anyone self install? Any issues encountered with the installment?

Thanks in advance for your feedback....
Old 11-24-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats on your new truck.. If I was to order a new one, I think I would get that identical truck.

As far as the tailgate, do a search for the DIY Tailgate mod. It is the hose clamp lock. Takes a couple minutes and should slow anyone down should they try to steal your tailgate.

Welcome!
Old 11-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
First Tacoma 11/26/10
Texas Dolphin is on a distinguished road
Texas Dolphin's Tacoma Gallery
thanks...

actually read the DIY on the tailgate clamp, sounded easy, was just curious if anyone had used the other option...

thanks for the reply
Old 11-24-2010, 04:32 PM   #4
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
there is a pop n lock that works in conjunction with the camera