Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

4 wheel drive switch

Old 11-24-2010, 09:13 PM   #1
fortyniner is on a distinguished road
fortyniner's Tacoma Gallery
4 wheel drive switch

I was wondering if the 4 wheel drive switch mounted on the dash should light-up when the lights are on. I was driving tonight in the snow and needed to switch to 4 wheel and I couldn't see the switch, had to feel around for it while slipping around in snow covered ice. Just wondering before my 2008 goes out of warranty. I have only had the truck for two months and this is the first time I had to use 4 wheel.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
Feed him a hammer, he'd crap out nails.
Dark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark_Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Dark_Taco's Tacoma Gallery
nope
Old 11-24-2010, 09:16 PM   #3
1st gen > 2nd gen
Rucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shedRucas is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lucas
Rucas's Tacoma Gallery
theres a write up somewhere...
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ee-mods-2.html
Old 11-24-2010, 09:18 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
The switch is not lighted from the factory. You can light it up with the RCBS led light board.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/lig...ed-switch.html
Old 11-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #5
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery

this guy sells the kits ready to install. he'll do custom colors as well if needed. i've been running one in my truck for over 6 months now. the stock color one he sells is a damn close match.

EDIT: ^^ beat by a minute
Old 11-24-2010, 09:21 PM   #6
Crusty ole' conservative fart
Sullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSullyman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Retired Master Sergeant
Sullyman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post

this guy sells the kits ready to install. he'll do custom colors as well if needed. i've been running one in my truck for over 6 months now. the stock color one he sells is a damn close match.

EDIT: ^^ beat by a minute
I just got mine wired up...me likey...looks stock...and I won't need to fumble for it in the dark...
Old 11-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #7
wes mantooth ™
Joben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoben7726 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: I Babysit Adults
Name: Joben
Joben7726's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullyman View Post
I just got mine wired up...me likey...looks stock...and I won't need to fumble for it in the dark...
i JUST did mine last sunday. literally took me ten minutes total. for sure worth the money. (not that it was expensive)
Old 11-25-2010, 02:20 AM   #8
Me l've got brains.
island808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisland808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jedediah
island808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortyniner View Post
I was wondering if the 4 wheel drive switch mounted on the dash should light-up when the lights are on. I was driving tonight in the snow and needed to switch to 4 wheel and I couldn't see the switch, had to feel around for it while slipping around in snow covered ice. Just wondering before my 2008 goes out of warranty. I have only had the truck for two months and this is the first time I had to use 4 wheel.
But you are driving 10 miles a month in 4wd to keep it working right?
Old 11-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #9
Eurosport has a spectacular aura aboutEurosport has a spectacular aura about
Eurosport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by island808 View Post
But you are driving 10 miles a month in 4wd to keep it working right?
10 miles a month is overkill lol