1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Camper Shell Pricing?!

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by kalaniwavo, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Nov 25, 2010 at 8:43 PM
    kalaniwavo

kalaniwavo [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    NORCAL
    Vehicle:
    11Tacoma
    camper shell
    I've been in the market for a camper shell for a month or 2 and have been trying to get an idea on pricing different shells. I can't seem to find ANY resources on average prices for specific models/options, etc..

Other than calling every dealer in my area and asking for seperate quotes for each shell are there any ways to price these? Just about every dealers website says "call for pricing" and I'm kind of surprised most sites don't have a "build and price" option. Even the manufacturer sites don't list an MSRP.

Any websites/resources would be greatly appreciated... and so far I'm leaning towards a LEER 180 for a double cab long bed, carpeted liner, installed and out the door for $1775 new... sound about right?

Thanks!! and happy Thanksgiving!
    Nick

2. Nov 26, 2010 at 3:19 AM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    ARE "Z" series for about 1900 and change..for what its worth...I like the beefy hidden hinge system on the ARE, so I went with ARE. Paint match is perfect. Oh and no leaks ever, carpeted inside, front fold down slider for easy cleaning, tinted windows that have a small crank to tilt out the back windows. Hope this helps. Also use the search windwo above...there is a ton of info on toppers on this site.

http://www.4are.com

[​IMG]

Mahdmax likes this.
  3. Nov 26, 2010 at 12:03 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    100_1514.jpg

100_1515.jpg

This is a Leer Legend. If you look at their brochures it appears to be the same as the 100R model. It's their basic old school cab high shell. The salesman wasn't able to explain the difference to me.

I paid $1592 out the door with tax (8.25%) and install. I do have the optional sliding window in the front that also is removable to clean the cab window. The side windows are the optional vented windoors that flip up as well as slide in the middle. I have the carpeted liner inside also. Without all the options I think the price was around $1100. The side windows by themselves I remember being 175 per side. Not sure on the rest of the options. I do wish I had sprung for the one piece rear glass, but I was kinda pushing my budget as is.

Hope this helps you. I have been happy with the quality. I have one very small leak at the left side window that is fixable with a small bead of silicone. Paint match is nearly perfect, and would probably be exact if the truck's paint was still new. The truck was already four years old when I got the shell.

4. Nov 26, 2010 at 12:05 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Here is my Softop Supertop soft shell camper. I believe I got it for around $500 with shipping. Its been over a year so I'm not positive.:cool:

[​IMG]

5. Nov 26, 2010 at 12:23 PM
    TRD4x4JIM

TRD4x4JIM Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JIM
    Hartland U S A
    Vehicle:
    2010 toyota tacoma TRD 4X4 OFFROAD
    4.0L V6 DOHC 24V 236hp 5 Speed Auto trans Part Time 4x4 2 Speed Transfer case Auto LSD, 16" TRD wheels, VSC TRAC TPMS, TRD OFF-ROAD EXTRA VALUE PACKAGE.... OFF-ROAD TUNED Suspension, Bilstein Shocks... Locking Differential.. VSC + ATRAC , HAC, DAC, SKID PLATES TOW HOOKS POWER INVERTER,FOG LAMPS , WINDOW TINT, RUNNING BOARDS ROOF RACK DOOR SILL PROTECTORS hot plug for my cell phone... A R E camper shell
    Here is my A R E.. I like the fit it has on the truck...
    [​IMG]:D

Products Discussed in

To Top