1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TSB BS

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BH15001, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Nov 29, 2010 at 8:35 PM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    Brunes you work for Toyota? Own a bunch of stock in the company? I bet if Toyota took a big steaming shit on your porch you would say how good it smelled. I just don't get your attitude towards those of us who expect our trucks to perform to the specs Toyota set & I can see by the posts in this thread I am not alone in feeling this way.

2. Nov 30, 2010 at 4:09 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Do you read and understand English? I'm pretty sure I've posted what I do a few times. (Ref my avatar...)
    Do you whine about everything that doesn't work out exactally how you want it to?? I bet if Toyota fixed the springs you would complain about some other asinine thing. (and look at that- an "what if" that kinda sorta makes sense)

I understand a business wanting to be the most profitable they can. I also understand that people are people. EVERY auto maker uses TSBs, EVERY auto maker has issues in production...and they have answers for the folks who have the problem.
    I've done the math too many times to bother doing at again for you. If it's less than 3% of the folks who bought Toyotas that are on this site....and lots of those are 1st gens. People come on here and make it sound ike the end of the world and it just IS NOT...and honestly- I'm tired of listing to the same complaint over and over.

And it's apparent that I'm not the only one who feels the way I do (cause there are at least two other folks who have said more or less the same thing I have)

3. Nov 30, 2010 at 4:45 AM
    buddywh1

buddywh1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philly PA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC SR5 4x4
    The thing about too-soft springs is they only become obvious when you load the truck... something most mall-haulers who load up with ping pong balls rarely do.

So...I have to disagree with that statement Janster. IMHO, if the TSB springs were stock in the truck there would be very few complaints about too stiff...maybe none. Because they would hate the ride at test drive and never purchase the truck in the first place!

So that begs the question: would Tacoma still be market leading in mid-size sales? I believe Toyota marketing knows the answer to that and the fact that they don't tells ya they market the truck (TRD aside) to mall haulers, not muddy booted lurkers in forums like TW and TTORA. Sad, but true.

As for me: I'm really happy that Toyota makes the TSB a choice for SR5 trims because my truck was original leased by a mall hauler who loved the cushy SUV ride. I bought it used and was able to get the TSB done before 3/36 expired.

My hat's off to Toyota for arriving at a very suitable compromise solution to a sticky problem, a solution I'm sure they can only consider because they ARE the market leader in mid-size sales.

And as well to Toyota Nation where I learned about the TSB...which lets me reiterate my gripe about TSB's in general: I wish they were made easily available by all auto manufacturers to all owners.

4. Nov 30, 2010 at 5:29 AM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    alright, it's really that hard to comprehend what Brunes is saying.

first off, though it was probably sarcastic, he obviously doesn't work for toyota. i don't believe that his comments thus far have conveyed that idea either. it is simply how you look at a situation like this from a logical standpoint, without getting your opinions/emotions involved. many people tend to do that when on subjects like this.

as far as the topic at hand, it's been covered pretty good, but here it goes again just to reinforce the point.
    Recall: safety issue
    TSB: as needed, non-safety related

going back to the springs example, sure they ride rough (sometimes on the bumps), and sure the truck doesn't handle like it does without a load when you weigh it down, but it does handle it. furthermore, it does it safely. research was done before the truck went into production to verify how much it could tow/haul. and based on how much companies have to cover their asses from lawers these days, you can bet that it was a lot of research.

bottom line is that everyone on this forum, (pretty much the only people who use the TSBs) make up an very small portion of tacoma owners.

no company is ever required to issue a TSB, so the fact that toyota is issuing so many, even on things that next to no one will ever care about, tells me that they stand behind a quality product and want to please their customers. seeing as they're free, i see no reason to complain.

have a wonderful day :)

5. Nov 30, 2010 at 6:41 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    So why does Toyota put the 4 leaf pak in Canadien trucks and not US?
    Why when a Customer/Owner who has purchased a US based 3 leaf pak get treated like they just stole from the church basket when they ask for the TSB or
    Service Mgr acts like its the first time they have ever heard of it?
    Why does it have to get "justified" if the TSB thats been printed since 2006 with minor modifications (ie shocks) & still has to gets updated every MY?
    Put the damn leaf pack on the truck like the Canadien trucks end of story.
    Geesh its about $$.

I would side more with the most people don't need it if it wasn't already done in the Canadien trucks since like 2007....

6. Nov 30, 2010 at 7:01 AM
    RX2RIDE

RX2RIDE Well-Known Member

Member:
    Everett, WA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Tacoma (mine), 08 Sport 4 Runner(Wife)
    Luckily I joined this kick ass web site and found out about the rear leaf TSB and the steering shaft TSB. Both issues that drove me nuts with my truck!

7. Nov 30, 2010 at 10:29 AM
    tegdog

tegdog Taco Lover

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma Dbl TRD Sport
    ventvisors,seatcovers, bug shield,TRD CAI,TRD CAT BACK,blacked out emblems,bed extender, TSB leaf pack,Pro Dry filter, Grill craft upper, lower, & triangles, Hella 500 Black magics
    1) Yes I understand english, I also understand sarcasm is wasted on some, my fault there. We all know what you do, stick jockeys are not really known for being great thinkers, kind of like surgeons lots skills not much upstairs.:D

2) I have no idea what you are tired of "listing" to, I can't spell for shit but that is just pathetic especially from a guy who asked me if I understand English in the same post. WTF!!! :confused:BTW don't respond if you are tired of "listing" whatever that means, move on to another thread.

3) So two other TW members agree with you, that means you are right & can shit on everybody else's opinion. The Mod title has went to your head buddy. :D

8. Nov 30, 2010 at 11:00 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    I can't say about the CDN trucks.
    I was not treated poorly when I got the TSB done. They messed it up the first time and I came back, showed them the paperwork, and they did it right.
    The small percentage of folks who do have it done, spread over the number of dealerships in the country, I'm going to guess most service managers haven't done one. Should they find it without the customer telling them- probably...and should it be updated a faster- yes. But it still gets done for the folks who want/need it.

Teg- I called it before- You are trying to instigate a fight- Not have a conversation. Sorry my spelling and mind reading skills aren't up to your advanced level. I'll try to read your typing inflection better next time.

And if two other people (and I know for a fact there are more than that) agree with something- It's a viewpoint/conversation-It's apparent there isn't a "right" answer here because people keep posting this same topic and Toyota is still using TSBs.

I'm a mod- So what?? That's got nothing to do with anything- cause I'd tell you all the same things if I wasn't. Not to mention- Just cause you don't like my opinions/information-Doesn't mean I'm shitting on yours...so stop crying about it.

9. Nov 30, 2010 at 11:13 AM
    buddywh1

buddywh1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Philly PA
    Vehicle:
    07 DC SR5 4x4
    Maybe the answer to those q's is because Mr. Service Manager gets really p'd by petulant teenagers bringing in their pimped out mall-haulers EXPECTING a freebie bad-ass upgrade to their 'ride' and demonstrating that self-indulged feeling of entitlement by verbally abusing them when they have to go through a process to make sure it's really needed. It's unfortunate, but we all get lumped in with that if we don't stroke their already bruised egos at least a little bit.

The answer to why not like Canada: maybe Canadians got iron butts and don't need cushy rides to carry their precious snowflakes to hockey practice like Americans do to ballet. Or at least, so Toyota's marketing thinks.

Maybe.:rolleyes:

10. Nov 30, 2010 at 1:32 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    I didn't get treated poorly either :) This was back in March 2007.
    The truck bottomed out w/ a couple of passengers in the back seat with a combined weight of 200lbs.
    I asked the dealer about it and he said there was a TSB for that.
    Also did the front brake squeal at the same time & mounted my new tires. Its all good. My dealer is top notch.

11. Nov 30, 2010 at 1:38 PM
    colinb17

colinb17 If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    '07 TRD Sport 4x4
    Build thread in sig...
    yes^^^

it is impossible to please everyone right from the get go, so they have found a way to retroactively do it, which is better than most companies.

Products Discussed in

To Top