1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tonneaus: Armorlid vs Undercover

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ERdept, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Aug 7, 2008 at 8:01 AM
    ERdept

ERdept [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    What's the differences between the Armorlid and the Undercover tonneau's?

Any advantages to one brand in particular or owner experiences?

2. Aug 7, 2008 at 8:28 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    I have the UnderCover. It's been on the truck for over 2 years now and still looks and functions like new. It goes on and off easily and even though UnderCover doesn't claim it's water tight my cover hasn't let a drop of water into the bed even when using the hose on it during washing.

3. Aug 7, 2008 at 9:16 AM
    thunter_3

thunter_3 Florida Redneck

Member:
    Franklin, VA.
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Sport, 4x4 Quad Cab Short Bed
    Westin Nerf Bars & Bull Bar, Armor Lid Tonneau Cover, PopLock, TRD Seat Covers, AFE Stage 2 CAI.
    The undercover is about 10# lighter than the armorlid but the armorlid costs less. Fit and fuction are almost identical. Both are good hard covers. I havent had one issue with my armorlid.

4. Aug 7, 2008 at 2:42 PM
    BigRed75

BigRed75 Active Member

Member:
    AL
    Vehicle:
    2012 PreRunner SR5 Barcelona Red Metallic
    So glad to read this - I've been looking at one for mine. It's one of the few things on my list already. :)

5. Aug 7, 2008 at 5:21 PM
    longbow

longbow I see you now..................

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma Silver Mica TRD 4 Door
    Toy-tec Coil over lift, Eibach 700 lb springs, Sway bar relocate, Total Chaos UCA's, Moto metal wheels, BFG mudterrians, HID, custom 3 piece grill, Highlift jack w/custom mount, Highlift jack cover, bed matt, de-badged 100%, storage box lock mod, using defrost w/o AC mod, short antenna mod, horn re-locate, Tire Gate flat spare tire mount, engine cover painted, bed light (1) mod, wreck bar carrier, Blue Sea 5026 fuse block, center console outlet, flash light mod, Blue Sea inline fuse, Shrockworks sliders, All-Pro front bumper, Piaa 510 driving lights, Warn shackles front, Kennesaw rear bumper, "Tag Boltz" plate lights, Warn shackles rear, Warn M8000 winch, devil horns, BHLM, weathech liners front and rear.....T.W. sticker of course. Custom Sock bed decal for Michele
    I have the Undercover so really can say much about the other.
    One thing I have noticed is the large tie down cleats, they seem to hit the cover if placed in certain areas.
    So don't know if anyone else has noticed this, as a fix I went to the smaller ones they offer, plus added two more sets to the bed.

6. Aug 7, 2008 at 7:27 PM
    MikeS.

MikeS. Well-Known Member

Member:
    Far Eastern WVa
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC LB 4x4 in Speedway Blue.
    Undercover bed topper, Nerf style step bars, Python alarm, Ham radio with 250 watt amp and chrome wheel well bling.
    I've had the UnderCover for about 8 weeks now and really like it. Strong and water tight. Shop around on price. I found a 100 bucks difference calling about 5 places.

7. Aug 7, 2008 at 7:46 PM
    scottiem

scottiem Well-Known Member

Member:
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner TRD Sport
    I had the undercover but sold it as needed a camper shell, have no complaints and if I needed another tonneau I'd buy another undercover. It's a quality product.

8. Aug 7, 2008 at 7:49 PM
    4x4x4trd

4x4x4trd My other ride weighs 200 tons

Member:
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    08 White Access Cab TRD OR, Debadged
    AFE oil free drop in, Secondary removed, tint, front D-rings, Toyota bed mat, Undercover tonneau, TRD seat covers and floor mats, Pioneer speakers, Westin Platinum bars, Fumoto oil valve, short antena, Nifty Xtreme's, TSB leaf springs, Bilstein 5100's set at .85" in the front
    I believe the undercover sets a little lower over the bed rails on the inside and flush with the molding on the outside. It locks the tailgate shut when it is lowered and locked. As Roland stated my Undercover has also been very watertight. I made 5 calls and price varied by over $200.

Products Discussed in

To Top