Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tonneaus: Armorlid vs Undercover

Old 08-07-2008, 08:01 AM   #1
ERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to allERdept is a name known to all
ERdept's Tacoma Gallery
Tonneaus: Armorlid vs Undercover

What's the differences between the Armorlid and the Undercover tonneau's?

Any advantages to one brand in particular or owner experiences?
Old 08-07-2008, 08:28 AM   #2
My other ride has sails
Roland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Arms Instructor, HQ Detachment, RING
Roland's Tacoma Gallery
I have the UnderCover. It's been on the truck for over 2 years now and still looks and functions like new. It goes on and off easily and even though UnderCover doesn't claim it's water tight my cover hasn't let a drop of water into the bed even when using the hose on it during washing.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:16 AM   #3
Florida Redneck
thunter_3 is on a distinguished road

Navy: First Class Petty Officer (Avation Ordnanceman)
thunter_3's Tacoma Gallery
The undercover is about 10# lighter than the armorlid but the armorlid costs less. Fit and fuction are almost identical. Both are good hard covers. I havent had one issue with my armorlid.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:42 PM   #4
BigRed75 is on a distinguished road

BigRed75's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunter_3 View Post
The undercover is about 10# lighter than the armorlid but the armorlid costs less. Fit and fuction are almost identical. Both are good hard covers. I havent had one issue with my armorlid.
So glad to read this - I've been looking at one for mine. It's one of the few things on my list already.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #6
MikeS. will become famous soon enough

MikeS.'s Tacoma Gallery
I've had the UnderCover for about 8 weeks now and really like it. Strong and water tight. Shop around on price. I found a 100 bucks difference calling about 5 places.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #7
scottiem is on a distinguished road

Navy: Flight Engineer, Aircraft Mechanic
scottiem's Tacoma Gallery
I had the undercover but sold it as needed a camper shell, have no complaints and if I needed another tonneau I'd buy another undercover. It's a quality product.
Old 08-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #8
My other ride weighs 200 tons
4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed4x4x4trd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

4x4x4trd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland View Post
I have the UnderCover. It's been on the truck for over 2 years now and still looks and functions like new. It goes on and off easily and even though UnderCover doesn't claim it's water tight my cover hasn't let a drop of water into the bed even when using the hose on it during washing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunter_3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS. View Post
I've had the UnderCover for about 8 weeks now and really like it. Strong and water tight. Shop around on price. I found a 100 bucks difference calling about 5 places.
I believe the undercover sets a little lower over the bed rails on the inside and flush with the molding on the outside. It locks the tailgate shut when it is lowered and locked. As Roland stated my Undercover has also been very watertight. I made 5 calls and price varied by over $200.