1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

XM Unit advice (General electrical advice actually....)HELP!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 11BSSG, Nov 26, 2010.

1. Nov 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM
    11BSSG

11BSSG [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    33°28'18"N /-86°48'2"W
    Vehicle:
    07 4X4 A/C 6 Spd
    Front-Billy 5100'2 @ 2.5, Rear- Wheelers 1.5" AAL w/ Billy 5100's, 17" XD Addict's, 285/70-17 Nitto TerraGrappler AT's, 20% Tint, UWS Low Pro Toolbox, N-Fab Nerf Steps, K&N, Black Head Lights, Hard Wired GPS, XM Onyx, Hardwired Radar Detector, Ultraguage, Thule Mtn Bike Lock, Sleeved Fog Light Housing, Black Emblems, Satoshi/Color Matched grille, Misc. Security Upgrades.
    Ill get to the point. I've already done and add a circuit for my GPS into my ingntion fuse and wired in a 12V Cig adapter. I am currently about to install my XM Onyx and want to hard wire it as well. Can I A) Slice into the add a circuit line and run another 12V female adapter B)simply plug in one of those 1 into 2 cig power adapters from wally world, or C) just do and wire tap into one of the factory 12V outlets, place an inline fuse and go from there. Keep in mind that the GPS draws low amps, and the XM receiver draws low amps as well. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, moderators feel free to move if needed. Thanks in advance fella's. Stand by for a thread with pics of the install once i get an answer to my question. Out here.

2. Nov 27, 2010 at 4:50 AM
    fjm0008

fjm0008 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Annapolis
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 LB White
    Sirius Starmate and ipod integration w/Pay15 Toy USA Spec, Hardwired Radar Detector and GPS, DRL Mod,Tailgate Anti Theft mod, Hi Lift Jack, CB Radio, Back up sensors, Front 30% tint, Leer 100R Cap, Weathertech, Under hood light and 12V outlet, D Rings, N-FAB Step Bars, Bed Mat, Yakima Bike Rack, OEM Roof Rack
    You can use the add a circuit for both. I wired my GPS and Sirius on one add a circuit. I did use two 12V outlets and mounted both behind the kick panel on the driver's side. You can also use the second row/first or second slot for another add a circuit as that slot is open on the fuse box if you want to separate them.

Products Discussed in

To Top