Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Shudder like No Other!!!!!

Old 11-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Evan
ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Shudder like No Other!!!!!

Hi all... Ok, I have a little problem I cant figure out, and it drives me nuts! When cruising at normal speeds I sometimes get a shudder from my rear end and it can last for almost 20-30sec. sometimes. I dont have a lift or anything, its all stock.
Its almost like when your towing an empty trailer and it hits a bump and your truck start to shudder bc of the bouncing trailer. Thats what its like.....
Not sure what it could be.....

Im ganna be doing a 3" lift soon with a AAL in the rear, maybe I should see if that gets rid of it?
Old 11-28-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
Asgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shedAsgard is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Asgard's Tacoma Gallery
Could be a bad u-joint. Does it happen when you take your foot off the gas ?
Old 11-28-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
ETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedETaco23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Yep, it doesnt matter what I do it still does it, brake, no brake, excell or put it in neutral. Its still there.

Thanks for the response man!
I will look at the U-joints just incase..
Old 11-28-2010, 03:40 PM   #4

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
The only thing I can think it would be is u-joint problem, or too much slack in the CB but theres not.
Maybe my LSD?
I did just change the fluid to RedLine LSD fluid 75-90..... But it did it before that slightly, so Im not sure. I might just have my local machanic to diagnose is, and check my u-joints....
Old 11-28-2010, 06:02 PM   #5

ETaco23's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been reading throug some threads and apparently these 07's are known for the shudder/vibe. Alot of guys have it, and there isnt really a fix. One guy said his went away after he put a lift and bigger tires on. So Im just ganna wait until I get my lift and tires on, and then see what kinda vibes a have.
And what really sucks is that Im a LB and no one makes a one piece drive shaft for the DC LB....
Thats what cured my 02's vibes.