Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Was the designer of the Tacoma interior an Alcoholic?

Old 11-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
The Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud of
The Shape's Tacoma Gallery
Was the designer of the Tacoma interior an Alcoholic?

I mean how many cup holders do you really need
Old 11-28-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
Taco11 is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Taco11's Tacoma Gallery
All 13 of them in my double cab.. dont you?
Old 11-28-2010, 09:24 PM   #4
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
Are there really 13?
and they are all useful. I love it. theres even ones big enough for those big gatoraid bottles.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:25 PM   #5
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
picture?
Old 11-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #6
pcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of lightpcledrew is a glorious beacon of light
pcledrew's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I even own one and can only think of 9. Three in the console, four in the doors, and two in front of the centre rear seat.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #7
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

focotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco11 View Post
sadly i use them all....at once...i just move half empty bottles around until i need more
Old 11-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #8
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
i can only picture 9 in my head right now. 2 on each front door, 3 center console and 2 in back.. wheres the other 4?
Old 11-28-2010, 09:30 PM   #9
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Consumer reports used to ding cars and trucks for not having enough cupholders.

I think the Tacoma is Toyota's way of saying "FINE, HERE ARE SOME GOD DAMNED CUP HOLDERS! HERE'S ONE OVER HERE TOO! HOW ABOUT THIS ONE? YOU LIKE THAT? HEY, I HAD SOME EXTRA SPACE BEHIND THE SHIFTER--HERE'S ANOTHER ONE! IS THAT ENOUGH? DO YOU NEED MORE? BECAUSE SERIOUSLY, WE CAN HAVE THEM POP OUT OF THE F$4!NG DASHBOARD IF YOU NEED MORE!"
Old 11-28-2010, 09:32 PM   #10
JKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shedJKD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JKD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01tacoprerunner View Post
Are there really 13?
In my access cab there are:

2 in front of the shifter
1 behind the shifter
2 in driver's door
2 in passenger door
2 at back of console

so NINE cupholders for a maximum of FOUR people. PLUS you have the deep pockets in the AC back doors that could hold a liter bottle+.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #11
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Mine has 13...

It's the american way I have no idea why they did this, way overkill.

Seriously, if you look at German cars, you are lucky to get 1 good one.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:34 PM   #12
focotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedfocotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbeezy View Post
i can only picture 9 in my head right now. 2 on each front door, 3 center console and 2 in back.. wheres the other 4?
there are two in the rear doors i think also

the newer models have a few more a think.......

like maybe 7 in the center console for driver a passanger

maybe a nice little indented ring on top if you set your mug up there while getting in and drive off
Old 11-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #13

Taco11's Tacoma Gallery
2 in each door. Front and rear.. Its hilarious
Old 11-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #14
The Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud ofThe Shape has much to be proud of
The Shape's Tacoma Gallery
And if I let my wife drive my truck for a week every one of them would have some sort of empty beverage container in it
Old 11-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #15
LIVESTRONG
Bullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBullzi511Tacoma06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bullzi511Tacoma06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco11 View Post
Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by focotacoma View Post
sadly i use them all....at once...i just move half empty bottles around until i need more
I do the same thing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post

I think the Tacoma is Toyota's way of saying "FINE, HERE ARE SOME GOD DAMNED CUP HOLDERS! HERE'S ONE OVER HERE TOO! HOW ABOUT THIS ONE? YOU LIKE THAT? HEY, I HAD SOME EXTRA SPACE BEHIND THE SHIFTER--HERE'S ANOTHER ONE! IS THAT ENOUGH? DO YOU NEED MORE? BECAUSE SERIOUSLY, WE CAN HAVE THEM POP OUT OF THE F$4!NG DASHBOARD IF YOU NEED MORE!"
Now that's funny!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:37 PM   #16

Taco11's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKD View Post

Old 11-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #17

idk actually if you thnk about it its not super excessive.

the door ones are more or less part of the normal door pockets you need a least four

and the one behind the shifter is actually the hole for the optional ash tray
Old 11-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #18
Drewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shedDrewboto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
Drewboto's Tacoma Gallery
Holy cow! How many do you second gen regular cab guys have?
I've got 3 in my 1st gen reg cab.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #19
Eman5pt0 has a spectacular aura aboutEman5pt0 has a spectacular aura about
Name: E
Eman5pt0's Tacoma Gallery
where else would i be able to put my beer?!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:44 PM   #20
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
theres a total of 8 in all the doors, 2 on the back on the center console, 1 behind the shifter and 2 in front.