Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

First Ding :'-(

Old 01-14-2011, 11:09 AM   #21
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
I realize that they are basically going to 'tap out the dent' and I'm sure I could try it on my own, but I'd rather have professionals do it as they have the right tools and know-how. If I did it and messed up, it would only irritate me more.

I don't expect it to be perfect, just better than it is now. They will seal it and touch it up to look good again. So long as it does not look worse, them doing it is probably my best bet.

Of course I would rather have it done perfectly, but if I did that with all ding/dents my truck will get over the many years, I'd spend a fortune!
Old 01-14-2011, 11:25 AM   #22
darrmill is a splendid one to beholddarrmill is a splendid one to beholddarrmill is a splendid one to beholddarrmill is a splendid one to beholddarrmill is a splendid one to beholddarrmill is a splendid one to beholddarrmill is a splendid one to behold
darrmill's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe you could sell the whole tailgate to a Chuck Norris memorabilia collector and then use the money to buy a new one?
Old 01-26-2011, 11:39 AM   #23
slmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shedslmgt is one of the sharper tools in the shed
slmgt's Tacoma Gallery
An update on this incident:

A local body shop guy used his hammer & dolly to remove the most noticeable damage in the tailgate, then painted it (primer & base coat I think?). It looks great (the color's off, but that's why I've got touch-up paint) and best of all... he did it for free! Now I just need to touch it up and it will look almost perfect.

Anyone have advice on how to use the touch-up canister from Toyota in the most efficient way? I know there's a brush, pen and some other function; I am looking for the one that would look the best.

Thanks!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #24
ricoefamoso is on a distinguished road
Name: William
ricoefamoso's Tacoma Gallery
"First Ding ...Any Ding ... Drives Me Crazy"

Mine is about 2 months old (2013 TRD Sport Package and loaded with equipment) and at this point, pristine and ding free ... I love this truck! I have the Toyota Tacoma chrome and black running boards or step boards (what ever you call them) and I drive my wife crazy when I remind her to step on the black part and not the chrome when entering MY TACO ... lol ... she says I whine like a broken record and states "it's only a truck". Well Well ... her pristine Mercedes M 500 was "keyed" on the hood by some jealous bastard a week ago. What was my answer when she whined? I said ... "It's only a Mercedes".
Old 03-06-2013, 05:04 AM   #25
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Your truck is too new to not do it right. Get the professionals to do it right, either fix the dent a paint, or get a clean used tailgate a paint it to match.