1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How do I wire up the seat heater switch

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Paige, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Nov 29, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    Paige

Paige [OP] New Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC
    I picked up the two position seat heater switch that was discussed here and am all set to wire it up, there were no instructions included with the switch, and the seller says it can not give technical support.

The switch has three lugs on the bottom, and a thin black wire. From my testing, the center would seem to be where power would come in, and one of the two outer lugs would be power to the seat heater. The resistance is lower on one lug then the other (hotter seat?).

If I wanted to have a hi/low setup, would I run both the outer lugs to the red (power) lead for the seat heaters? This seems like the correct way, but before I melt the heaters and set my seats on fire, I thought I would check to see if anyone here had done this.

2. Nov 29, 2010 at 10:13 AM
    mkerros

mkerros Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    jacksonville florida
    Vehicle:
    06 d/cab long bed
    the thin black wire i belive would be your ground and the power wire that you have going into the switch would go to the center lug and then the power wire would be to the actual heater would be one of the outside ones. and yes the lower resistance should be for a hotter seting but that depends on how much diff ther is in the resistance. at least thats how my switches on my aircraft work. although none of my switches have any extra wires they all have the power going in and then the ones going out to the lights or what ever it might be id really have to see the switch to know for sure.

Products Discussed in

To Top