Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

best choice for all season, street tires?

Old 11-29-2010, 10:07 AM   #1
rety1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
rety1's Tacoma Gallery
best choice for all season, street tires?

exactly as the title says.
whats your opinion on the best (longest life, grippiest) all season tires?
*P245/75/R16

-i searched, didn't find anything useful, or really pertaining to normal, non-lifted trucks/tires...
Old 11-29-2010, 10:17 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Michelin's all-season is about one of the best out there. I think it's the LTX? maybe some variation of letters but they're a very nice tire.

Cooper Discovery HT is a nice tire also. Great all-season style tire and hold their own in the winter also. You won't break any trails with them but it doesn't sound like you'll be doing that anyways.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:16 PM   #3
LEEP is on a distinguished road
Name: LEE
LEEP's Tacoma Gallery
I LIKE THE YOKOHAMA GEOLANDER A-T-S JUST BOUGHT SET OF 4 REALLY LIKE THEM $610.00 OUT THE DOOR SAME TIRE SOLD AT TOWN FAIR TIRE WAS $725.00 THEYRE A RIP OFF
Old 11-29-2010, 12:21 PM   #4
DILLIGAF
AwkwardParrot is a splendid one to beholdAwkwardParrot is a splendid one to beholdAwkwardParrot is a splendid one to beholdAwkwardParrot is a splendid one to beholdAwkwardParrot is a splendid one to beholdAwkwardParrot is a splendid one to beholdAwkwardParrot is a splendid one to behold
AwkwardParrot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEEP View Post
I LIKE THE YOKOHAMA GEOLANDER A-T-S JUST BOUGHT SET OF 4 REALLY LIKE THEM $610.00 OUT THE DOOR SAME TIRE SOLD AT TOWN FAIR TIRE WAS $725.00 THEYRE A RIP OFF

My neighbor had those a few years ago. When I bought my truck, it needed tires and so did his. We both went to Firestone and put those on our trucks (mine 06 TRD Sport, his 04 TRD) I have ~27k on them and they are bald, he has ~22k on them and his are bald too. Not my first pair of Yokohamas that have failed to meet mileage, but defineatly my last. If you can swing it, Michelin is the way to go. Otherwise look at Hankook, Dunlop, or Firestone. IMHO
Old 11-29-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
JanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jan (Pronounced Yan)
JanBoothius's Tacoma Gallery
Anything but Bridgestone/Firestone. I have had TERRIBLE luck with them, and I will never waste my hard earned money on those brands again.

Being from NJ, you might want something that is capable in the snow too.

The BFG All Terrains get my vote. Link.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:30 PM   #6
2-Broke 2-Care
flavalk is on a distinguished road

flavalk's Tacoma Gallery
I just purchased a set of Michelin Latitude's. They are supposed to be the most quiet, smoothest rolling, highest mileage tire they offer. It's actually a passanger car tire but works great on my truck. I've had them for about two months and really like them. They are definetly quiter that the original Dunflops and ride better to boot.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
I would stay away from the HT's, the LTX is a nice tire as mentioned above. I didn't have any luck with HT's
Old 11-29-2010, 03:21 PM   #8
rety1 is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
rety1's Tacoma Gallery
nice, thanks guys.
i'll be sure to look into all them.

*and no, this taco isnt an offroader.. lol
Old 11-29-2010, 04:38 PM   #9
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Take a look at these:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...duratracs.html

Old 11-29-2010, 05:31 PM   #10
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Michelin LTX for-the-win.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:06 PM   #11
Damit man
BoTacoGA is on a distinguished road

Name: Bo
BoTacoGA's Tacoma Gallery
BF Goodrich T/A K/O All terrain have been the best tire I have ever used. I'm on my 2nd set and the first set I got over 55 thousand miles. They were not bald but close to it when I changed them. But I use 265/75/16.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:07 PM   #12
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Guys, OP was asking for an "All Season" tire not an "All Terrain" tire. It's a truck that stays on pavement and sees snow sometimes.
Old 11-29-2010, 10:12 PM   #13
Eurosport has a spectacular aura aboutEurosport has a spectacular aura about
Eurosport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
Guys, OP was asking for an "All Season" tire not an "All Terrain" tire. It's a truck that stays on pavement and sees snow sometimes.
+1
always people praising their current tires lol

given the size and needs you're looking for i'd seriously choose from one of these in no particular order

1). Continental Crosscontact LX (low rolling resistance, wear rating of 680) $110 each on tirerack

2). Michelin LTX MS2 (wear rating of 720) $145 each tirerack (much better traction than their Latitude line)

3). Yokohama Geolander HTS (wear rating of 500) $96 each tirerack

just keep in mind while they may be rated really high by people, traction is not a huge quality of all seasons/ht, but so are AT tires, it's all relative, they won't hug/grip the road like a summer performance tire but will last a lot longer than one ;p
Old 11-29-2010, 10:23 PM   #14
JanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to beholdJanBoothius is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jan (Pronounced Yan)
JanBoothius's Tacoma Gallery
Many "all season" tire's are HORRIBLE in the snow, dangerous, even.

Just keep that in mind.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:14 AM   #15
ROLL TIDE!!!!!!!
Bama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBama_TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Bama_TACO's Tacoma Gallery
You won't beat the Michelin LTX MS2 for a highway tire. We just bought my wife a 2007 Tahoe LTZ with a brand new set of 20" Michelin MS2s on it and they are as smooth as glass on the highway and are super quiet. They soak up little ripples and bumps in the road like they aren't even there and they are great in the rain. The only downside to me is that they don't look agressive enough for the Tacoma. I'm running LTX AT2 on my Taco and they ride really well, but make a little noise between 40-60 mph.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:56 AM   #16
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
my wife went to costco "for me" and had a set of michelin all seasons installed. i think they are the LTX. they look like a tire made for some soccer mom's denali. very unaggressive. i was bummed, but my wife was pretty cool taking the intiative to go out and buy me some new tires. i was leaning towards more of an all terrain..the hankooks actually.

anyways, i get almost 23mpg on the highway. and i have done some amazingly crazy BS with my truck in the wilderness. no mud puddles, but some serious rocks climbs during hunting trips. zero issues. in the rain they kick ass..no snow yet, but soon. this weekend, i have to go to a hog farm to help butcher 7 animals. it is down a nasty muddy road. road is a loose term. i will bring a tow strap and follow my rancher lady friend that is rocking a 4x4 diesel rig.

hate to say it, but my michelin soccer mom tires dont suck.
Old 11-30-2010, 08:25 AM   #17
Bullwinkle J. Moose

bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aficianado View Post

hate to say it, but my michelin soccer mom tires dont suck.
I love that.

"Michelin soccer mom tires don't suck."
Old 11-30-2010, 08:29 AM   #18
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Just because the BFG A/T tire isn't classified as an "all season" tire doesn't mean it wouldn't perform well on pavement and snow. I've had them on multiple trucks over the years. The trucks were used mainly on pavement and many ski trips on ice and snow covered roads. Some of the sets have lasted 70,000 miles...
Old 11-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #19
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

The Duratracs are an All Terrain tire that is Snow rated!

must be because mud is not a season - hahaha
Old 11-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #20
Eurosport has a spectacular aura aboutEurosport has a spectacular aura about
Eurosport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skistoy View Post
The Duratracs are an All Terrain tire that is Snow rated!

must be because mud is not a season - hahaha
try them on ice then you'll see how snow rated they are lol
overrated!