Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Rockerguard Wheel Paint (Paint vs. Powdercoat)

Old 12-01-2010, 08:18 AM   #1
Nukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of lightNukewater is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Adam
Nukewater's Tacoma Gallery
Rockerguard Wheel Paint (Paint vs. Powdercoat)

Hey guys, I recently painted my grill, hood scoop, and lower valence with this stuff:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

it turned out suprisingly well:

Now i love the look of black wheels, and I like the look of the stock 17's. I'd like to powdercoat, but i really have no problem painting either. I drive a decent amount of gravel and snow/ice in a year, so which would hold up better and be easier to fix up. Also, would it be rediculous to paint the wheels with that textured paint, i really like the look it gave the hood scoop, but the pictures don't really do it justice.

thoughts?
Old 12-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #2
tisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Alex
tisher49's Tacoma Gallery
you could try painting them with a bed liner... I have no chips or scratches on mine except for on the very edge of the rim where I didn't sand the wheel very well before painting. I also just got my tires flipped to black out and that scratched them up pretty good. Otherwise I'm very happy with it and it saves mucho dinero
Old 12-01-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
Grande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really niceGrande is just really nice

Name: John
Grande's Tacoma Gallery
nice, i kinda like the scoop kinda dont, good idea tho, i think i may hav seen someone else with that on here.
i just did my wheels & gril & gona do the lower middle bumper this weekend, i used the bedliner spray can, i was surpirsed because it sprayed so even, even on the curves, i might do the scoop, not sure tho, long live SWB
Old 12-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
tisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the roughtisher49 is a jewel in the rough
Name: Alex
tisher49's Tacoma Gallery
here's my write up on the wheels.....
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...-write-up.html
Old 12-01-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
kessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to beholdkessler89 is a splendid one to behold

kessler89's Tacoma Gallery
i'm gonna paint my wheels next summer too, i think i'll probably use either bed liner or just regular ol' rustolium black semi gloss paint