1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

AIR BAGS OR AAL ?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by 07taco09, Dec 1, 2010.

?

AIR BAGS OR AAL ?

Poll closed Dec 31, 2010.
  1. AIRBAGS

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. AAL

12 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Dec 4, 2010 at 6:42 AM
    Asgard

Asgard Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner DC SR5 w/LSD
    X2
    Have mine for about two years now with no problems.

2. Dec 4, 2010 at 10:13 PM
    arizonataco

arizonataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix Arizona
    Firestone Airbags ARE Camper Shell

Yeah, You know I haven't seem these much but maybe in J.C. Whitney.
    They are a good concept but I have never owned pair.This might be a good option for you.

Were not pushing you in the airbag direction its that I real feel they are under rated.Kind of once you have them you like them.
    Remember Rv's and 18 wheelers,Dump trucks, Garbage trucks have been using use airbags for a long time its just the product has moved in to the no-commercial market.

I wouldn't trade mine for anything.I can out haul ANY other Tacoma and people comment on that and ask what I'm running.I don't look like a low rider while hauling my trailer and or load.
    Airing them up and down is very easy I have a compressor in my garage so I don't have to go to the gas station were they never work and are always destroyed from ass holes.
    Buy a harbor freight 50.00 compressor then you can air up your tires when you want.Clean your keyboard on your computer and even blow out your trucks interior when it gets dusty.

I hope I have helped in your decision.

Contact me if you have any questions.

Mike

3. Dec 5, 2010 at 5:22 AM
    Priddle

Priddle And now for something completely different....

Member:
    St. John's, NL Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    Current: Pelfreybilt front and rear bumpers, winch, icon front coils/shocks, Icon rear shocks, Dakar leafs, Camberg UCAs, Pumpkin Android stereo, custom sub box w/ 2x10" RF subs and Kicker amp, short shifter kit, Fuel Beast 18" wheels w/ 1mm offset, BFG AT2 285/65/18
    I was debating the on-board compressor kit until I read about issues with them in the winter. All I do is if I need extra pressure is what Arizonataco does...drag the compressor hose out. I also have a Fox Float hand pump in the truck in case I need to inflate on the fly. The pump has a gauge which is handy. It came with my sled that has a Fox Float shock.

And I don't adjust mine every day. I got it mostly to haul a 450lb snowmobile with truck ramps. If I go every weekend, I only have to inflate for the weekend.

4. Dec 5, 2010 at 9:01 PM
    arizonataco

arizonataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Phoenix Arizona
    Firestone Airbags ARE Camper Shell
    Hey Priddle,

I saw that you have Billys set at 2.5
    What did you do to lift the rear?

Airbags only,with block or what?

5. Dec 6, 2010 at 4:38 AM
    Priddle

Member:
    St. John's, NL Canada
    Vehicle:
    Current: Pelfreybilt front and rear bumpers, winch, icon front coils/shocks, Icon rear shocks, Dakar leafs, Camberg UCAs, Pumpkin Android stereo, custom sub box w/ 2x10" RF subs and Kicker amp, short shifter kit, Fuel Beast 18" wheels w/ 1mm offset, BFG AT2 285/65/18
    Airbags only @ 13-15psi. It raises the rear about an inch. That psi is also good for an empty bed.

6. Dec 6, 2010 at 5:18 AM
    Gregman

Gregman Well-Known Member

Member:
    Freddy Beach, NB
    Vehicle:
    05 DC LB 4x4 SR5
    I keep my Firestone air bags at 8-10 psi for just driving around with no load and can't tell they are there - nice cushy feel. I have a compressor mounted under the hood and a controller/guage under the dash so its totally easy to adjust the pressure up or down at any time on the fly. These are really good quality air bags, not junk, and I've had no problems with them so far. I use them for hauling and trailering and dont do a lot of off road or trail running.

7. Dec 6, 2010 at 9:07 AM
    Priddle

Member:
    St. John's, NL Canada
    Vehicle:
    I see you are from New Brunswick? Any problems with the onboard compressor in the winter?

Products Discussed in

To Top