Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Second battery on passenger side help

Old 12-01-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
Sproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud ofSproulesxrunner has much to be proud of
Sproulesxrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Second battery on passenger side help

Attached Thumbnails
Second battery on passenger side help-2-battery-tacoma-2.jpg  
Old 12-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
hmm, URD would be your best bet because the air filter goes through the firewall behind the grill. The AFE boxed intake and the K&N/AEM cheepo heat shield style wouldn't work too well but u may have something with URD.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:00 PM   #3
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sproulesxrunner View Post
So I have had a hard time finding space under the hood for the second battery. I already looked at Kartracers but it involved much more work than I expected. I was wondering if a CAI would free up some room on the passenger side? Any pictures/suggestions? URD, K/N?
Thats interesting, I am too looking at second battery setup. I was thinking about just shortening intake tube and relocating ABS onto the firewall with home made bracket. Both would give plenty of space for second big battery
Old 12-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #5
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander76 View Post
what's the 2nd battery for?
Extra electricity : Winch, Fridge for camping, TV, lights on the back
This way you can have things running all night and not worry about starting truck in the morning.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:06 PM   #6
jackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to beholdjackrules is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jack
jackrules's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
Extra electricity : Winch, Fridge for camping, TV, lights on the back
This way you can have things running all night and not worry about starting truck in the morning.
Would it really give you that muuch power?? That's awesome, I may have to look in to this