Notices

Dealer Induction / Injector Service

Old 12-01-2010, 08:54 PM   #1
Cleared for Takeoff!!
1BADTACOMA is on a distinguished road

1BADTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 1BADTACOMA
Dealer Induction / Injector Service

Do you guys have this done on your toyota's? My dealer was attempting to tell me it will really benefit me If I did it... Thoughts??
Old 12-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Dont buy their crap, you can accomplish the same thing with sea foam.
Old 12-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #3
MiG-21 superfan
builthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shedbuilthatch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony Mandarich
builthatch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Dont buy their crap, you can accomplish the same thing with sea foam.
x2.

i'm not an additive guy, but seafoam really can be useful in so many ways.

i have a friend who runs a legit injector service, primarily for turbo charged rotary engines and also hondas. that makes sense because most of the injectors are from older engines that are of a questionable use/maintenance history, and/or questionable fuel filtration systems.

but, on a modern vehicle, with modern fuel filtration systems...as the vehicle ages i'd say run the seafoam treatment in a given interval to maintain cleanliness within the induction system.

on a side note, and probably no one cares about this, but...

i've noticed that on many engines, new and old, the PCV system can be pretty harmful to the intake tract and combustion process. a simple catch can has proven to be very effective at keeping the intake tract clean and combustion process healthy. i know that doesn't help injectors and throttle bodies, but still, it came to mind as i've seen first hand how crappy intake manifolds and detonation resistance can be when oily fumes are constantly pumped through the engine via the PCV.