Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Whats a good component speaker set?

Old 12-02-2010, 07:08 AM   #1
Atxtoolz is on a distinguished road

Atxtoolz's Tacoma Gallery
Whats a good component speaker set?

Looking for some component speaker sets I want at least 100watts rms per door.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
2010tacoTRDOR6spd is on a distinguished road
Name: Dave
2010tacoTRDOR6spd's Tacoma Gallery
JL Audio IMO makes the best stuff.

I have used them in my past 3 vehicle's and i swear by their stuff.

As for models, i have not used the newer versions (i.e. the C2, C3, C5) as I always used the XR components. They were rated in the 75 watt per channel I believe, but I put 100 watts to them and had no issues what so ever as they could accomondate up to 150.

I would have to say the C5 is the comparable model to look at.

Hopes this help and this thread will most likely be moved to the audio/video section.
Old 12-02-2010, 10:08 AM   #3
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
MBQuarts..they still around?
Old 12-02-2010, 10:15 AM   #4
Banned
raswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shedraswank is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Rick
raswank's Tacoma Gallery
Mb Quart is not the same Mb Quart it used to be. They were sold to some other company. Boston Acoustic Pro 60 series.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #5
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
You should go to a few different audio shops to listen to the speakers they have hooked up. They all sound very different, so only you can decide what you think sounds the best for your application. That's what I did and settled on a pair of JL vr components.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:37 AM   #6
militaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to beholdmilitaco is a splendid one to behold

militaco's Tacoma Gallery
Have you ever heard Rainbow? Its pretty good.
Old 12-02-2010, 11:37 AM   #7
pauls2ndblessing is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
pauls2ndblessing's Tacoma Gallery
JL audio, Memphis, Boston Acoustics, all three are great mids!
Old 12-02-2010, 03:24 PM   #8
CtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedCtTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
CtTaco's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.morelhifi.com/products/mob_audio.html
I do high end car audio for a living and these are some of the cleanest sounding speakers I have ever used. Expensive, but you get what you pay for...

Another less expensive brand with similar sound characteristics is a company called Hertz
Old 12-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #9
spatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to beholdspatchley is a splendid one to behold
Army: 2-12 Infantry 4BDE 4ID
Name: Josh
spatchley's Tacoma Gallery
If you have a Hertz Audio dealer in your area check them out. Their Hi Energy line is awesome. Tons of mid bass great highs and crystal clear
Old 12-04-2010, 12:09 AM   #10
bledsoe3 is on a distinguished road
bledsoe3's Tacoma Gallery
I went with MB Quart RCE 269. Direct replacement for my JBL speakers. I'm running 150 watts per channel and love them.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/aud...html#post49235

Old 12-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #11
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

TorenApart's Tacoma Gallery
Hybrid Audio...
They've won the United States Auto Sound Competition International the past two years. Customer service is excellent. Call them up and you can talk to the owner, Scott!

Mr.Marv is a car stereo expert that frequents this forum. He can get you a good price on some really nice components.