1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Here's what I got and what I wanna get

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by luvmywifestaco, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Dec 2, 2010 at 5:11 PM
    luvmywifestaco

luvmywifestaco [OP] Member

Member:
    Spring, TX.
    Vehicle:
    Bug out mobile for the coming zombies
    285 Nitto Grapplers. Poorman lift using blocks and spacers (to be replaced).
    My truck has (installed by P/O) lift blocks in the rear and what seems to be 2 sets of spacers on the front. Seems they used rubber spacers on both the coil and shock mount to gain their lift of choice.:eek:
    I do not like blocks at all. Spacers, eh.

So, from the information I have gathered so far from this site (which is great by the way). I think I've figured out what way to go to get rid of the junk.

My shopping list has the Bilstein 5100 w/ adjustable preload and a pair of AP AAL packs.

Intended use is mostly wifes run-a-bout and some loads of mulch every year or so. Camping with gear and possibly a trailer.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Oh... by the way, I am running 285/75R16.

Alan

2. Dec 2, 2010 at 5:52 PM
    kessler89

kessler89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    OH
    Vehicle:
    12' Pro4x 6MT
    TBA
    Your headed in the right direction, I have the 5100's and love the ride and look (1.75) I got out of them

3. Dec 3, 2010 at 5:46 PM
    luvmywifestaco

luvmywifestaco [OP] Member

Member:
    Spring, TX.
    Vehicle:
    Bug out mobile for the coming zombies
    285 Nitto Grapplers. Poorman lift using blocks and spacers (to be replaced).
    Thanks for the confirmation. Is there anything you would consider differently?

As stated this is the wifes/family truckster. Future mods will include rock sliders to replace the step bars, and real bumpers front and rear. Not sure which ones yet and I got a little time to research further. But real armor will be added. Which adds more weight. Will my proposed modifications support the future additions or will I end up replacing that for something different?

Thanks again, I appreciate your input.

Alan

Products Discussed in

To Top