Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Short box vs Long box

View Poll Results: Long Bed vs. Short Bed
Long Bed 2,060 48.31%
Short Bed 2,204 51.69%
Voters: 4264. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2008, 10:03 PM   #21
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
then you should probably see a doctor.
lol :d
Old 08-09-2008, 10:04 PM   #22
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I had to.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:33 PM   #23
erock is on a distinguished road

erock's Tacoma Gallery
Long box looks sweet on the access cab. I use the bed a lot though so a short would not be enough.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:40 PM   #24
Blinking Car Mod...
RedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedruM29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
RedruM29's Tacoma Gallery
i hate to say shorter is better but my girlfriend says its the biggest she has seen (laughing to myself) that was too easy...
Old 08-10-2008, 04:44 AM   #25
Addicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the roughAddicted is a jewel in the rough

Addicted's Tacoma Gallery
Bless her heart...
Old 08-10-2008, 06:49 AM   #26
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
It wasn't really a matter of looks or utility to me. I wanted a manual and they don't offer manuals in the LB version so I didn't have a choice. The LB has a larger turn radius and has been rated harder to maneuver and park by many people and magazines so I didn't bother test driving one. Dealer had an auto version of what I have that I just drove to get a general idea of the gen2 trucks (if my kids could fit in the back, if the body roll on corners was as bad as gen1's, etc).

To me the extra foot would only help when hauling ATVs or bikes that need a few more inches so the back tires aren't on the tail gate. If you're hauling plywood, drywall, or really any other lumber it doesn't matter which one you get as it will still hang off the tailgate. It's not like we're comparing a 6ft to a an 8ft bed. The extra foot is worthless to me since we bought a house. Any standard building materials I get are going to be at least 8ft and won't fit in either bed unless I drop the tailgate or lay them on top of the closed tailgate.

So I just added 4 d-rings, stack things higher, and strap them down. So I can haul whatever I want and still navigate small parking lots, parking garages, and ATV-sized trails. If I really need more room, my buddy has a 6x12 trailer I can borrow.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:54 AM   #27
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
I have the long box specifically for hauling stuff.

But - I'll give Toyota credit for finally adding the double cab long bed to their fleet.

Someone should take a Reg cab or Access cab and put a short box on it. Let's see what that'd look like!!
Old 08-10-2008, 07:07 AM   #28
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
I have the long box specifically for hauling stuff.

But - I'll give Toyota credit for finally adding the double cab long bed to their fleet.

Someone should take a Reg cab or Access cab and put a short box on it. Let's see what that'd look like!!
Someone already did! Remember this one? (google "tacoma V8")

Old 08-10-2008, 08:54 AM   #29
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
So what if I have 1 long and 1 short?
then you'll probably be walking around in circles.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:14 AM   #30
Johnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to allJohnson8537 is a name known to all

Johnson8537's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
most def the short. short=way better
thats not what my wife says....

I say LONG and STRONG!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:35 AM   #31
Devout Atheist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson8537 View Post
thats not what my wife says....

I say LONG and STRONG!

My wife prefers someone that knows how to handle his stick.... No automatics here.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #32
M2M will become famous soon enough

M2M's Tacoma Gallery
long bed -
-
how in the heck can you sleep in a short bed ?
I use mine for work and with the shell - it's great to camp out in -
Old 08-10-2008, 07:28 PM   #33
Member of the Goat Army
billybobsgoat will become famous soon enough

billybobsgoat's Tacoma Gallery
Long
Old 08-10-2008, 11:11 PM   #34
bra is on a distinguished road

bra's Tacoma Gallery
Long 140.9 is better looking because, would like to see an access cab with an 8foot bed, swweett
Old 08-11-2008, 03:53 AM   #35
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by piercedtiger View Post
Someone already did! Remember this one? (google "tacoma V8")

Very cool!!

Doubtful we'll ever get to buy one - especially with gas prices the way they are.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:08 AM   #36
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
When the new gen Tacoma's came out in nov of 05 I drove a double with a reg bed (6 ft bed) and I found it to much of a pain in the ass to maneuver. So from then I always look at Tacoma's with 127 inch wheelbase.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:18 AM   #37
rme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shedrme is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Helicopter pilot still serving
rme's Tacoma Gallery
Wow this is a nice truck! Wish it had a diesel in it...

short bed
Old 08-11-2008, 06:57 AM   #38
Northern Alliance: Airlift Div
Coreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud ofCoreyjon has much to be proud of

Air Force: Flight Engineer
Coreyjon's Tacoma Gallery
Man, DC Short boxes look sweet lifted, must.....resist....urge. Oh, I know I'll break down sooner than later.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:59 AM   #40
I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.
mws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shedmws4ua is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mws4ua's Tacoma Gallery
if they made a dbl-cab, TRD Offroad w/ a long bed, I'd own one.