Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Short box vs Long box

View Poll Results: Long Bed vs. Short Bed
Long Bed 2,060 48.31%
Short Bed 2,204 51.69%
Voters: 4264. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #1481
Tripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTripps2012 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Tripps2012's Tacoma Gallery
Short bed for me.... I did opt for the 18x7 bed extention though so I think I'm covered between it and my 6x12 bed extention. Trailers are easy to load and unload.

Old 06-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #1482
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
ehh. I would slap my self if i got the LB... I can off road better on weekends, and like i have said 20+ times a 12’X7’ trailer will haul more then a 6’ bed.

edit. LB can’t haul these toys. (well the tail gate would have to be down for the atv, if it could fit between the wheel wells. tail gate on dads tundra has to be down)
I don't off road (bone stock right now) but I've seen some LB's on here that do. I bet there are very few situations where the LB wouldn't compete and that would be extreme off-roading...

Oh... If you need someone to carry your four wheeler for you up a mountain or something just let one of is LB guys know and we'll be happy to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripps2012 View Post
Short bed for me.... I did opt for the 18x7 bed extention though so I think I'm covered between it and my 6x12 bed extention. Trailers are easy to load and unload.

Trailers are for guys with short beds...
Old 06-22-2013, 02:13 PM   #1483
THE OLD TACO721 with a new name.
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by teneighty View Post
I don't off road (bone stock right now) but I've seen some LB's on here that do. I bet there are very few situations where the LB wouldn't compete and that would be extreme off-roading...

Oh... If you need someone to carry your four wheeler for you up a mountain or something just let one of is LB guys know and we'll be happy to help.

I off road my stock truck. only thing i have is terra grapplers. other then that all stock. I have been down some easy ATV trails, and a LB would have been fucked! It never would have made it down as far as i did, and definitely could not have turned around like i had to do. i had to make like a 12+ point turn.

and trailers are for people that have real work and toys that would never fit in a 6’ bed...
Old 06-22-2013, 02:26 PM   #1484
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
I off road my stock truck. only thing i have is terra grapplers. other then that all stock. I have been down some easy ATV trails, and a LB would have been fucked! It never would have made it down as far as i did, and definitely could not have turned around like i had to do. i had to make like a 12+ point turn.

and trailers are for people that have real work and toys that would never fit in a 6’ bed...
So I would have had to make a 15 point turn... No big deal
Old 06-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #1485
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
So I would have had to make a 15 point turn... No big deal
no. you would be suck. I had to make a sharp turn to to get the the area i could turn around. had like 3” between a tree and front bumper, and the rear bumper barley scraped a tree. LB would not have made the turn.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:42 PM   #1486
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Why would you have a truck on atv trails?
Old 06-22-2013, 02:47 PM   #1487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Why would you have a truck on atv trails?
well i did not notice that it was till i got off of it. lol. but fuck it. only got a few scratches from trees.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #1488
Lord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shedLord Helmet is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Mar Div
Name: Nick
Lord Helmet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

LOL I love this quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #1489
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Short bed since I can borrow a 3500 Chevy duramax for heavy loads
Old 07-01-2013, 03:00 PM   #1490
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
The struggle continues
Old 07-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #1491
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacolover55 View Post
Short bed since I can borrow a 3500 Chevy duramax for heavy loads
Wut
Old 07-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #1492
GreyTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Mike
GreyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I went for the short with a bed extender. Best of both worlds IMO.
I do have a tool box though, My truck came with it. I guess that negates my whole argument! LOL
I havent decided whether to keep the box or not. It takes up space but I'm already filling it up with crap!
God I love my Tacoma Though!

EDIT: Bug guard removed and color match grill installed!

[IMG] Untitled by gatoslayer, on Flickr[/IMG]
Old 07-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #1493
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
DCSB or go home.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:24 PM   #1494
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Derek View Post
DCSB or go home.
Good thing I'm home.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #1495
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derpy Derek View Post
DCLB or go home.
Exactly
Old 07-04-2013, 05:43 AM   #1496
Derp
Derpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shedDerpy Derek is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
Derpy Derek's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
Good thing I'm home.
Glad things worked out for you.

Quote:
I'm a closet DCSB lover.
We already know..
Old 07-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #1497
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
DCLB look weird UNLESS they are lifted. Then they look great!
Old 07-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #1498
Mapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shedMapcinq is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
Mapcinq's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay238 View Post
DCLB look weird UNLESS they are lifted. Then they look gay!
True.. true.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #1499
Boone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoone Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Boone Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapcinq View Post
True.. true.
Now I'm all butthurt. I hate you guys.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #1500
I'd rather be skiing...

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mapcinq View Post
True.. true.
Don't you have an access cab??? Your opinion doesn't matter here!

Besides, you have a 6' box just like the DCLB!

DCLB FTMFWMF!!