Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Security System.... Help....

Old 08-09-2008, 04:01 PM   #1
JWWPHOTO is on a distinguished road
JWWPHOTO's Tacoma Gallery
Question Security System.... Help....

Ok I put this question under Audio / Visual .... by mistake....

The dealer wants $ 700 plus to install the Toyota Security system on my 2008 Tacoma. I can buy it for:

VIP Security System - RS3200 Plus
(Part #08586-04841)

Regular Price: $ 360.00
On Sale For: $259.60

At this link below, but was wondering how difficult it would be to install. I am not bad mechanically, but was wondering what level of difficulty this task would be and if the documentation is bad, good or better....?

If you have tackled this, let me know who you did....

Jeff W. Waldrop

http://www.trdparts4u.com/PD-08586-04841.aspx?MakeID=1
Old 08-09-2008, 04:06 PM   #2
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
I Posted this thread a while ago, it contains the manuals for installation, look at them and judge by yourself, i don't think its to difficult...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...a-manuals.html

Hope that help ya out
Old 08-09-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
Well if youre in the market for an Alarm, I would go with something besides OEM. You can get a ton of options for it. I have an Autopage which lets me know when my alarm goes off. It's range is awesome, almost a half mile. There are some out there that go up a mile. I'd shop around.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:13 PM   #4
mudslingin44 will become famous soon enough

mudslingin44's Tacoma Gallery
go for an aftermarket alarm.you can get a viper alarm installed for about 225.00 to 250.00 for a regular alarm. 350.00 to 450.00 for a alarm with remote start with a pager.

good luck with your choice
Old 08-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #5
TorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to beholdTorenApart is a splendid one to behold

TorenApart's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXFreeStyle61 View Post
Well if youre in the market for an Alarm, I would go with something besides OEM. You can get a ton of options for it. I have an Autopage which lets me know when my alarm goes off. It's range is awesome, almost a half mile. There are some out there that go up a mile. I'd shop around.

I would agree. I have used Viper alarms in the past and I plan on buying this one once I am ready.

As for install, I would not recommend trying to do it yourself, unless you feel totally confident about it already. I have a friend who is a total a/v guru who has helped me install some on my Tacoma. On his own personal setup (which is insane), he did everything, BUT the alarm install. It is the kind of thing that you don't want to mess up and therefore he left to the true professionals.

This link I provided is to the alarm which has the remote start and 2 way FOBs. The remote works at least a mile away and is compatible with almost any upgrade you could want.
Old 08-09-2008, 04:34 PM   #7
Displaced Texan
MotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to allMotoXFreeStyle61 is a name known to all

Air Force: 1LT
MotoXFreeStyle61's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MotoXFreeStyle61 Send a message via MSN to MotoXFreeStyle61
Yeah, there is a lot of wiring to be done. If you don't know the vehicle wiring inside and out its gonna be a pain. You also have to tap into a lot of system wiring. Which if you screw up could void warranty: not a good thing.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:57 PM   #8
There's a mod for that!
w8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shedw8n4mud is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Albert
w8n4mud's Tacoma Gallery
Hey for the record I purchased my truck at Frank Toyota but had the alarm installed at Kearny Mesa Toyota. The price was half! In other words, if you really want the Factory alarm, call other dealerships to see if they have a special. It never hurts even if you don't buy the truck from them.