Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hit and Run.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:51 AM   #41
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
$3,225.74 in damage. I'm going to be without my baby for two and a half weeks.
well man, at least its getting fixed. i just hope they do a stellar job on it man. hope it looks like it did when you got the truck. when you get it back.....inspect the entire truck and make sure everything is kosher. make sure too that they dont have any overspray on anything.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:03 PM   #43
Hot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shedHot Tamale is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Pat
Hot Tamale's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Man, that's a big chunk of change! Will it make your insurance rates go up? I think that would make me even more p'd off since you didn't do anything wrong.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:04 PM   #44
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
well man, at least its getting fixed. i just hope they do a stellar job on it man. hope it looks like it did when you got the truck. when you get it back.....inspect the entire truck and make sure everything is kosher. make sure too that they dont have any overspray on anything.

That sounds like a good idea! Thanks!
Old 08-11-2008, 12:04 PM   #45
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Tamale View Post
Man, that's a big chunk of change! Will it make your insurance rates go up? I think that would make me even more p'd off since you didn't do anything wrong.

Since I filed a police report, the rates don't go up.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:09 PM   #46
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Good thing is that you live about 15 miles from the border? Drive it across and walk across, tell the insurance company that somebody stole your taco. Bada-boom-bada-bing you got a new taco.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #47
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That sounds like a good idea! Thanks!
just a heads up brotha!!
Old 08-11-2008, 12:21 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by klown View Post
Good thing is that you live about 15 miles from the border? Drive it across and walk across, tell the insurance company that somebody stole your taco. Bada-boom-bada-bing you got a new taco.

I don't think it's that simple, is it?
Old 08-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #49
Tacoma World Ring Leader
klown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shedklown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

klown's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I don't think it's that simple, is it?
Well it woulda been that simple before you filed a police report. Now you need some friends on the inside to help pull it off.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:57 PM   #50
Banned
poleman72 is an unknown quantity at this point
poleman72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Body work usually cost more than mechanical.
Maybe the person didn't know he hit you. Or felt he/she didn't hit you hard enough to cause that damage.
Never happened to me but then again I own a first-gen tacoma. So it's smaller in the parking spots and easier to avoid.
But it happened to my cousin couple years ago. His brand new 2005 camry was crushed and totaled by a garbage truck that fled the scene. Luckily a witness saw the incident and recorded the garbage truck company name...she said the truck backed into the camry and kept backing up into it pinning it to the curb causing it to crush, and finally turning it over to its side. The garbage trucker claimed he didn't even know he had crushed a car. But anyway, the dude was lucky to keep his job because my cousin sued and settled the suit with $55k in damages with the company...the vehicle isn't even worth half of that amount so i'm guessing that "fleeing from the scene" is why the settlement was high..lolz.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:22 PM   #51
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
I swear... I'll park like a mile away just to keep it away from careless people where there is not a car around leaving so many parking spaces between so people can park have at the closer parking spaces, and the moment I come out my truck is surrounded by vehicles even though there are still so many parking spaces between that they all could have pared at. Is this just me or does it seem to happen to you all like that as well?
People don't know how to think for themselves. I find the same thing on the highway. I'll pass someone who is going 10 under the limit, but as soon as I pass them, they're on my tail the whole way. I did this one night, and the as soon as I pull up beside the guy, he adjusts his speed to match mine. I hate it when people drive right beside me (especially on an empty road), so I slowly sped up to 20 over the limit to try and put some distance between us, but sure enough he adjusted his speed to sit right beside me. He didn't even realize he was doing it. After a few minutes of gradually speeding up and slowing down, I finally had to slam on the breaks to get him out from beside me.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:29 PM   #52
jonny_jard is on a distinguished road

jonny_jard's Tacoma Gallery
You should put up posters around the area with a reward on information leading to the culprit. If you find them you can either find out where they live, smash all they're windows or just call the police.
Old 08-11-2008, 01:32 PM   #53
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
I feel for you. This happened to my POS '99 Neon (It's actually been a great little car, but not much to look at) and I was ready to rip someones head off. Don't want to even think about how mad I'd be if it happened to a new truck.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:16 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_jard View Post
You should put up posters around the area with a reward on information leading to the culprit. If you find them you can either find out where they live, smash all they're windows or just call the police.

That's too much work.

Insurance has it covered, so I'm good now.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:19 PM   #55

Did anybody else have similar body damage? They said it's going to take two and a half weeks. I took her in yesterday and I miss my truck like crazy. Please tell me it won't really take two and a half weeks.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:10 AM   #56
StompinStu is on a distinguished road

StompinStu's Tacoma Gallery
dickheads
Old 08-15-2008, 11:33 AM   #57
Banned
poleman72 is an unknown quantity at this point
poleman72's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Did anybody else have similar body damage? They said it's going to take two and a half weeks. I took her in yesterday and I miss my truck like crazy. Please tell me it won't really take two and a half weeks.
Few years ago, my step-dad ran into an SUV's bumper damaging the right side of his '96 camry. mostly the body was affected and the front right door was scratched and dented a bit, but the right panel above the front tire needed to be replaced and painted (also the hood couldn't open). It cost over $5,000 to fix and the isurance paid for it. But he had to do without this car for 3 weeks. Body work is costly as takes a lot of labor. Don't rush it, you want them to do a good job.
Are you going to hug and kiss your truck when you get it back? You're not one of "those" truck-lovers are you? LOLZ
Old 08-15-2008, 11:39 AM   #58

I might give her a hug.
Old 08-15-2008, 12:04 PM   #59
Wag More Bark Less
Simon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shedSimon's Mom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired 1983-2007 Signal O4
Name: Judy or Jude :)
Simon's Mom's Tacoma Gallery
well its good your rates won't go up & it will get fixed to your satisfaction. Bummer it had to happen at all. There is no way the other driver didn't know they hit you unless it was a big white bread truck or something. I'm a big believer in what you put out to the world you'll get back so the post about the karma is true imo.

I have seen ads in the local paper asking if anyone has seen accidents before or know of someone with a scrape. Might be worth a try or take it in stride, what goes around comes around.

Good luck with the fix.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:38 PM   #60

Thank you!

I'll post pictures of the fix when I get her back.