Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Windshield repair

Old 08-10-2008, 05:19 PM   #1
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

rpoint16's Tacoma Gallery
Windshield repair

How often do you guys who have the Full Glass coverage, have to get your windshield replaced?

Here in Phoenix usually once every 2 years from the chipseal & big trucks.

Just had my 08 replaced. It has that new car smell again!
Old 08-10-2008, 05:22 PM   #2
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
I need to get mine replaced. Just haven't found the time. My insurance has winshield breakage protection. I think it has a $100 deductible. What does it cost to replace a windshield on a Tacoma?
Old 08-10-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I go thru about 2 windsheilds a year.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #4
Member of the Goat Army
billybobsgoat will become famous soon enough

billybobsgoat's Tacoma Gallery
I just had mine replaced on my 08 I requested oem glass and they approved it The Glass from Toyota was $927.00 I couldnt believe it, Mine was scratched cause a rock got under the wiper and scratched my windshield. Most insurance companies will not replace the glass due to scratches if it is under 6" and out of field of view, Luckily mine was in my field of view. So now I have new oem glass for a $100 deductible.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:15 AM   #5
rpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to beholdrpoint16 is a splendid one to behold

rpoint16's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsgoat View Post
I just had mine replaced on my 08 I requested oem glass and they approved it The Glass from Toyota was $927.00 I couldnt believe it, Mine was scratched cause a rock got under the wiper and scratched my windshield. Most insurance companies will not replace the glass due to scratches if it is under 6" and out of field of view, Luckily mine was in my field of view. So now I have new oem glass for a $100 deductible.
Is there a big difference between OEM & aftermarket windshields?
Old 08-12-2008, 10:14 AM   #6
Member of the Goat Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpoint16 View Post
Is there a big difference between OEM & aftermarket windshields?
I dont think so but my insurance co. offered it to me so i took it. In fact the glass company said the glass is made by the same company the main difference is that the oem glass has the logo.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:08 AM   #7
Dirty White Boy
Marc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarc M is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marc
Marc M's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Marc M
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybobsgoat View Post
The Glass from Toyota was $927.00 I couldnt believe it.
What ? When I called the dealership when mine broke, they quoted me 3 hundred something for the glass.

I called my insurance company and requested OEM glass, they said OK without hesitation. I just had to pay my $100.00 deductable.

Marc M
Old 08-12-2008, 05:34 PM   #8
Member of the Goat Army

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc M View Post
What ? When I called the dealership when mine broke, they quoted me 3 hundred something for the glass.

I called my insurance company and requested OEM glass, they said OK without hesitation. I just had to pay my $100.00 deductable.

Marc M
thats whats on my invoice from the glass shop, Probably a huge inflated markup due to being an insurance job, Anyways I only paid $100 for the deductible as well.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:40 PM   #9
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota doesn't make good windshields. My 03 tacoma cracked across the top from a small rock. And now my 05 Tacoma has a star crack the size of a half dollar, from a rock. Along with thousands of little chips. I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee before my Tacomas, & rocks would hit it all the time without even a scratch.