1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Drop bracket kit good, but Diff drop kit bad?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by ZenkaiTaco, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Dec 7, 2010 at 10:41 AM
    ZenkaiTaco

ZenkaiTaco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    11 DCSB TRD OR
    Sup guys, I've been reading around since I plan on buying me a Taco when I come home from my deployment next year. Plus I just like to look at all the pictures too! At least the ones that aren't blocked for me.

Anyways, from what I've read people don't recommend Diff drop kits. I'm guessing theres a front drive shaft of some sorts that enters the diff, and dropping the diff is a compromise between that front shaft angle and cv angles.

When it comes to drop bracket kits, don't they drop the diff as well? And a lot more then a diff drop kit would? Maybe I'm not understanding how a drop bracket kit works (probably not).

If thats the case then why the non recommendations of the diff drop, but drop bracket kits are mostly all praise?

2. Dec 7, 2010 at 11:04 AM
    allrsdup

allrsdup Well-Known Member

Member:
    Sahuarita AZ.
    Vehicle:
    2018 dcsb trd offroad 4x4 Inferno
    cause a drop bracket kit lowers the front diff evenly and correctly. all a diff drop is is a 1" spacer that just ultimately just pivots your from diff. and they stick out on the bottom and people have hit them offroading and broken there front diff in the process.

Products Discussed in

To Top