Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Drop bracket kit good, but Diff drop kit bad?

Old 12-07-2010, 11:41 AM   #1
ZenkaiTaco is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
ZenkaiTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Drop bracket kit good, but Diff drop kit bad?

Sup guys, I've been reading around since I plan on buying me a Taco when I come home from my deployment next year. Plus I just like to look at all the pictures too! At least the ones that aren't blocked for me.

Anyways, from what I've read people don't recommend Diff drop kits. I'm guessing theres a front drive shaft of some sorts that enters the diff, and dropping the diff is a compromise between that front shaft angle and cv angles.

When it comes to drop bracket kits, don't they drop the diff as well? And a lot more then a diff drop kit would? Maybe I'm not understanding how a drop bracket kit works (probably not).

If thats the case then why the non recommendations of the diff drop, but drop bracket kits are mostly all praise?
Old 12-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #2
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
cause a drop bracket kit lowers the front diff evenly and correctly. all a diff drop is is a 1" spacer that just ultimately just pivots your from diff. and they stick out on the bottom and people have hit them offroading and broken there front diff in the process.